To all those long term couples...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Burke, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Scott Burke

Scott Burke Second Unit

Scott B.
    When you know that your other is becoming stressed and quite tired from weekly activities, what do you do to lift thier spirits and mood? I really want to do something nice for her however, I am a college student who makes only about 60 bucks per week and 40 of that is spent getting to and from school, and parking. I was wondering if any of you folks, men or women out there in cyberspace have tried and true methods for making life a little easier on your other. The more ideas the merrier. Thanks everybody!!
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

2. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

If you are willing to take advice froma single guy...
    Give her a scented bath and a massage... candle lights if you wish, perhaps cook dinner... try not to argue during that day/weekend, do everything she wants. Its her weenk end.
    --
    Holadem

3. Kevin Potts

Kevin Potts Second Unit

With due credit given to Holadem for a couple of ideas....
    First off, go and rent a couple of her favorite movies. Either order out or cook her favorite dinner while she takes a nice relaxing bath, then pull out a blanket and a pillow and let her lay down on the couch with you why you watch the movies.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

4. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

I'm single, but I've never been shy about offering advice [​IMG]
    I don't know how you divide up household jobs, but maybe you should consider doing a little more housework. Don't make it a one-shot, Saturday morning "Look honey! I cleaned the toilet! Aren't I wonderful!" type of thing. If she is becoming too stressed and tired from weekly activities, then a consistent amount of help might be just what's needed.
    ------------------
    My DVDs
    "Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

5. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I agree with Holadem, Ive done this for a few and they were floored and "very nice to me" for weeks after.
    I was at their place when they got home and had really good take out(usually Italian) in the oven to stay warm. Kept their glass filled with wine.Had flowers laid out and fedals on the floor(which you have to pick up later) They were suprised to see me there, I took of their clothes ran a hot bath for them, bath them, dry them off, brush their hair, dry it. Massage by candlelight on the couch while the food heats up.Feed them dinner. Take them in the bedroom eat desert off of them and slam dunk her one.
    Ive never had anyone tell me it was "too much" or "overboard" or whatever, women love to be spoiled. She'll be telling everyone how thoughtful and romantc you are for days and days.
    Works like a charm.
    ------------------
    Visit My Pathetic WebPage
    "....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
    what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
    one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung
    [Edited last by JonZ on October 26, 2001 at 07:57 AM]

6. andrew markworthy

I agree with Julie on this one - more housework from the male nearly always works wonders (and it doesn't cost anything!).

7. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

Yeah, my wife says I look sexy doing the dishes. [​IMG] Whatever!

8. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

9. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    I usually volunteer to watch the kids for a few hours so she can go out and enjoy herself. This may not work as well for you. [​IMG]
    Regards,
    ------------------
    Ken McAlinden
    Livonia, MI USA

10. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Bill,Slam Dunk is a term I heard on Married With Children.It stuck.And most of the time, it was the woman who initiated it.
    Ryan, Ive tried this on a few women, and it always went over well. Different girls at different times but not together [​IMG]
    Doing more house work doesnt work for me, becuase they expect me to do that already,Im a neat freak whos always doing some type fo housework.
    ------------------
    Visit My Pathetic WebPage
    "....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
    what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
    one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung
    [Edited last by JonZ on October 26, 2001 at 02:22 PM]
    [Edited last by JonZ on October 26, 2001 at 02:23 PM]

11. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

12. Scott Burke

Scott Burke Second Unit

Scott B.
    Thanks for the responses guys and gals. I will try to do something like those suggestions. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

13. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Was thinking the same thing as Ryan about (them). heehee!! oh and Ryan, I'm still trying to call you at 000-000-0000 (another thread) but cannot seem to get through...are you not home or something?! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    I AM CANADIAN!