What's new

To All Studios That Do Pan & Scan (1 Viewer)

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I recently bought a 16:9 TV. While this has greatly improved my normal DVD viewing experience, there is one thing that really gets under my skin now.

I don't buy DVDs that are not in their original aspect ratio, but I do occasionally rent them. It is hard to describe just how annoying it is to see the following words appear on my screen: "This film has been modified from it's original format. It has been formatted to fit your screen."

Note to Studios: This might seem like a really small deal to you, but these movies DON'T FIT MY SCREEN! They fit 4:3 screens. This statement should be changed to reflect this. It's bad enough when I'm forced to watch a non-OAR presentation, but don't rub it in by telling me you're formatting it to fit "my screen."

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
It is hard to describe just how annoying it is to see the following words appear on my screen: "This film has been modified from it's original format. It has been formatted to fit your screen."

I'll describe what I do when I see those words on the cover- I put it DOWN and don't buy it! The words haven't appeared on my screen because the disc never makes it that far!

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I don't buy them either, but I will occasionally rent them. And I do actually own one non-OAR disc, A Christmas Story, which was bought in ignorance when I was new to DVD. (Actually, that was one of the events that caused me to search out internet sources for DVD info - I wanted to avoid buying non-OAR discs and flippers.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlickLives