to all studios, thank you.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Demaree, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Chris Demaree

Chris Demaree Stunt Coordinator

Just wanted to take the time to say thank you. Almost every DVD that is released is anamorphic (where it's applicable), usually availible in it's original aspect ratio and frequently sports a DTS track. Classics, recent movie hits and even cheesy 80's comedy hits are very well done. I look forward to purchasing future titles, thank you.

2. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    It's true, we tend to focus on the negative here and only rarely extend to the studios a thank-you for work well done. I have amassed nearly fifty percent of my real "want list" titles already, in a format only four years old. That's pretty decent, and includes a ton of old classic "catalog titles." (True, almost the entire second half of my want list is old black and white stuff that is owned by Warner, Universal, etc). I would say that, aside from the deplorable propensity of studios lately to release good movies in pan and scan, I am grateful to be able to own so many films in the fledgling format looking damn near as good as they did in theaters (sometimes better!)

3. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

True, when you guys put out an anamorphic DVD the quality of these products is extremely excellent!

But please, the anamorphic are so much better, it is worth it so as much as you possibly can, please cut down on MAR or non-anamorphic output.