To all guys with ISF calibrated projectors..help me with this....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luis Gabriel Gerena, May 27, 2001.

1. Luis Gabriel Gerena

Luis Gabriel Gerena Second Unit

I've been tweaking my low setting (Sony W400Q) to get rid of the red tones on the grey scale. Now I want you to tell me how some actor's faces (or actresses) look like. I am going to give you the movie and time of the scene so you can tell me if she or he looks redish, pale, greenish, yellowish etc. I just need to tweak it a little more.
    Movie "The World is not Enough"
    time: 31:53 and specially at 32:19
    When Bond is talking to the woman (forgot the name) in my setup Bond looks ok (slightly green tone around the face) with a regular skin tone but she looks very pale with kind of a greenish tint. Does yours look the same?
    Movie: "The 6th Day"
    time: 12:35
    When they are flying their "airplanes" Arnold looks kind of redish with a wine like tint while the other guy looks normal if a bit orange..later on in that same scene Arnold looks better so it might be the movie. Anyway please give me your opinions please.
    Thanks for any help you can give me. If I find the screen shots I am talking about I will edit them so they look like what I am seeing at home and that way it will be easier for you to understand what I mean...but in the meantime I hope this is enough.

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

I can't respond specifically to your request as I'm away from home for the evening, but I'm more curious about this...
    Have you just been eyeballing things? Watching the process of setting grayscale with a color analyzer has my mind reeling at the thought. I would suggest, assuming you don't have local access to a qualified tech, that you try constructing an optical comparitor to at least use as a guide.
    By my recollection both of the titles you mention offer very accurate skin tones.
    ------------------
    [email protected]
    My Home Theatre Pictures...
    "You're no mesiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."