To all Eosone speaker users past and present

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Allen Longcor, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

I'm looking for a center channel speaker and would like to go with the RSC 300 from Eosone, but I can't find any place that has it (including ebay). I emailed Polk audio and they said that Eosone users use Polk Centers and they fit quite nicely, but of course he is going to recommend Polk speakers since he works for them. I would like to know if anyone has any first hand experience with Eosone speakers in a home theater setup and what would be a good center speaker for it. Thanks in advance. Oh, I have the RSF 400 floor standing speakers by the way.

2. Greg Robertson

Greg Robertson Stunt Coordinator

Allen, It seems like it's been about a year since the last time someone posted about Eosone speakers. [​IMG] I have the sub/sat system. I do recall hearing that polk speakers would blend somewhat well with the eosones, but of course, that might have come from Polk also. Even then, I don't know which polk speakers this might refer to. You might want to find a place that sells Polks and will let you demo them inhome. Or maybe you could buy one at circuit city and return it if you don't like it - don't they have a very friendly return policy?
    ------------------
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

3. Bob_A

Bob_A Supporting Actor

Have you tried looking for a used Eosone center on the web?
    Otherwise, it is possible that a Def Tech center might satisfy you... www.definitivetech.com
    Good luck!

4. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

I agree that a Polk center would be a good candidate to try. I remember reading several years ago that Polk had manufactured Eosone. I can't remember what the Eosone sound was like, but they always looked good at Best Buy!
    ------------------