What's new

TNG Season 2: Galaxy-class Enterprise-E? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Okay, whoever can answer this one gets a cookie. In the "Inside Starfleet Archives" featurette from Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 2 collection, the woman shows off a shooting model of the Galaxy-class U.S.S. Enterprise-D, but with an "NCC-1701-E" decal on the front of the saucer instead of the usual "D." Then she seemed to pretend like she couldn't imagine why the wrong number would be on there.
Is there going to be a fake Enterprise-E in Star Trek: Nemesis or something?

Chris M

Second Unit
Since the documentary was done after Insurrection, I would conclude that that lettering was done for (I believe) All Good Things where they had an Enterprise E with the 4 nacells?
Just what I figured anyway.
Chris.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I thought the Enterprise had 3 nacelles in the future. I also thought it was still the D, which Will got out of dry dock because he so loved her.

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
The same question was just asked over at Trek BBS in this topic. Here's the answer:
Indeed, this is what happened. After the work for "Generations" was over, the f/x team at ILM made that one tiny modification to the model. They figured that the next starship named Enterprise would be a galaxy class. I believe this was mentioned in the big ILM book published a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks