What's new

TMNT: unaired "Ninja Tribunal" season to be released in Australia on 2007/3/7. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The unaired fifth season of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003 series) going to be released in Australia on March 7, 2007, and is available for preorder at ezdvd.com.au. This is the "Ninja Tribunal" season that continues where the cliffhanger from season four left off.

There was an American DVD release planned for this season planned, but it was dropped from 4Kids' release schedule according to ninjaturtles.com:

And before anyone complains about the "TMNT" abbreviation being in the thread title:
  1. I tried to type "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", but ran out of room.
  2. Look at the cover art for the DVD

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I'd heard how bad 4Kids was at handling their more adult themed Anime properties properties, but since I don't watch any of them, I chalked it up to just fan hatred of censorship and dubbing changes.

Now I'm begining to think that maybe they have a point considering how 4kids is starting to handle the turtles series, although it may not be 100% their fault.

First, we have 4 great years of dark/humor mixed turtle stories, where you couldn't wait to see what happens next. Then, we get this light hearted drek called fast forward. It's So damned indespensible, who cares if you miss an episode? The plots are so basic, Star Trek had 'em done in the 70's. Take the third episode with Viral, where the holodeck inexplicably goes awry and the saftey measures go out... ooooohhh, like that hasn't been done a hundred times on Trek.

Some episodes have been enjoyable. The wrestling episode was just pure fun, for instance. But most have just been forgetable, like the Video Game hijacking episode.

Not only that, but the animation has gotten ten times cheaper looking, despite it's smoother motion and more stylized look. For some reason, more 'detailed' animation dosn't get that fast, smooth look. It's tough to explain, but you'll know it when you see it.

Now, for some strange reason, 4kids is splitting up the season. Rumor has it they are going to air the first 13 episodes now, save the rest till at least mid fall next year. I guess Playmates and other retailers want to see how well their toys(However unimaginative they are) will sell after the movie is released. Understandable, but sad.

I was going to start a save the turtles campaign to bring it back to it's rightful place in the dark and gritty present, but what's the point so long as the show is driven by corporations who only care about making a profit? Eventually they will want to mess with it again and we'll be back to square one.

Heh, no one would DREAM of camping up Batman again, so why Turtles?

Ahh well, it's just sad to see a greatly fun franchise put down the crapper by corporations with no talent.

Daniel-M

Second Unit
I think the reason if they split up the season is because they havent decided to renew it for a additional season after the first 26 Fast Forward episodes

bignev44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neville Johnson
That really sucks,i wanted to see these episodes...

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I also forgot to mention that one of the "lost season" episodes was never completed. The synopsis for this episode is on the official Ninja Turtles site.

The "spoilered" text tells what the supposedly "controversial" subject was, but also reveals a major plot point. (But since the episode is never going to be completed, I guess I really didn't need to spoiler it...)

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Well at least if I ever want this season of the show, I won't have to order from overseas. For once!
-James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks