What's new

TMNT Season 4 (7th DVD Release) (1 Viewer)

Joe:C

Second Unit
It's cool that they finally decided to do box sets. I wonder if there's a chance of re-releasing the previous volumes this way.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
considering volume one was season 1 and volume 2 was season 2.... I hope they wouldn't redue them..

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
Can't wait to get my hands on this! Does anyone have or know of where I can find the email address to contact Lions Gate? Their address at [email protected] is not active as it says undeliverable as no such user.

Would appreciate if anyone could pass it along.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Mind arrived at the office today, but I'm sick with a cold and will have to wait for a review tommorow. Damn these changing tempuratures. Anyone know if the video quality is much improved?

Also, TMNT Ninja Tribunal has been ordered and shipped last Tuesday. How long does it take for mail from Australia to reach the states? :)

bignev44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neville Johnson

Thanks Demis!

I'd rather pass on that unless there is a good sale price,:P

Thanks for the reply!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Video -

Just from a few minutes of watching Foot Soldiers are revolting on a 24" Screen..... it's SLIGHTLY improved, because these are the 'newer' episodes and only 17 years old (god I feel ancient)......but there's STILL lots of jumping around on the picture, the picture sort of squishes itself in and out for lack of a better term, and lots more dust than I remember from the VHS versions.

But I don't think it's as bad as Volume 5 was.

The Extras are really fun, and I will give Lions Gate props for doing that this time around. What they need to do for the next set, is get all the Turtle VA's together, after that, the CH 6 reporters, and for the final set, have them all together for a sort of 'Who's Turtle is it Anyway' type improve show ;).

Pat Fraley's Krang sounds a bit off, if only because he's not in a studio setting where he can really practice, but it still sounds pretty darned close. I never knew he did Slash in the first two episodes... I only pegged him for Slash in his third appearance, because it sounded closer to Krang in voice.

James Avery is a tad out of practice as Shredder, but it looks like he's thinned out a bit since his Fresh Prince days, which is always good to see people getting in better shape. Maybe that's why the voice doesn't sound the same :/.

For the next volume/season...I have noly one request.

'Lions Gate, you NEED to improve the Video to DVD quality. These are still barley above VHS quality, even with only 6-7 eps per disc...'

Other than that, they are finally heading in the right direction with these releases. Just think, we'll have the European episodes this year(hopefully uncut), the 'Ice' episodes this year, and next year we'll probably be finished if they keep up the current release schedule.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
You know, let me ammend that post..

After watching the extras, I popped in disc 1. Why on Earth do the syndicated Dimension X episodes look better than the CBS ones, let alone the earlier syndicated ones? These episodes are just about DVD quality, with the only errors being film grain/white grain..

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Anyone know what Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 1 - Volume 1
is on? Is it on the new show and/or Flash Forward or the original show? I have the virtually every DVD release of all three...

Thanks for the heads up and by the way, I do a killer Krang impression!

"Shhhhreeeeeder!"

ry

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

2003, Season 1, Part 1 release from 4Kids. Part 2 is coming sometime later this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks