What's new

TMNT Season 3 in June? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Our sites roaving reporter mentioned that she read somewhere Season 3 of the classic series is coming in June. Seems awfully fast.

Has anyone heard it to confirm or deny?

thanks
Neil

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Definetly, but I thought I'd put out news feelers and see if anyone has heard anything. Gord, any news?

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I wish they would have combined seasons two and three. Having to wait as long as you have to wait for most season sets with the second season only having thriteen episodes is frustrating.

Paul

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Actually they are calling the second release, "Volume 2." So, when volume 3 comes out, it will probably be HALF of season three.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Oh okay, that is the news series, for some reason they labeled it Volume 3 Season 3 (which ironically would be the next in the original series as well) instead of Volume 17.

Paul

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I'm so excited about getting Turtles: Season 2 in a few days. I haven't seen these episodes since I was a kid! I would have loved to get Season 3 so quickly in what ever form it will be. It will probably be in volumes. I'm just so excited that all my cartoons I watched as a kid are coming out or on DVD. If only Sony would finally release Real Ghostbusters. It woulld be nice to get Bucky O'Hare, Mighty Max, Dino-Riders too :)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
ha, I'm with you on Dino-Riders and Bucky O'hare Jim!

you never know what could happen though... I'd love to have the entire Marvel Action block with Dino-Riders, Spiderman & His Amazing Friends and Robocop on dvd!

Dino-Riders used to be one of my favorite shows, I still have some of the toys... and it's been years since I've seen an episode of Bucky O'hare!

Travis W.

Second Unit
My TMNT Season 2 disc arrived yesterday. Great picture quality, especially with 13 episodes jammed on there. Artisan also includes chapter stops within the episodes and the ability to skip past the opening theme (not that it's terrible but if you're watching 5 episodes in a row it's nice to skip it after a bit). Overall, this was definitely worth the wait.

Travis W.

Second Unit
One disc release I'm afraid, but don't worry the pic quality is very good. I'd go as far to say these episodes look much better than those on volume 1, which I thought were very dirty and jumpy.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Speaking of the 2003 series, Funimation is really burning my biscuits. I probably should make a new thread, but I don't feel like doing that just to complain. The first two seasons worth of episodes were fairly in order. Only going out of order to release 'Battle Nexus' early to tie into the game. But for Season 3, they're really all over the map with the releases. And it's really hurting the running story, since they're not being released in order. Not there are some spoilers in the following text.

TMNT 3.1: Alien Invasion
Episode #3-13 (65) - The Lesson (During the episode, Donny gets one of the mysterious 'faxes' on his shell cell. That would later be revealed to be the Fugitoid's memories stored in it. Yet in the episode storyline, Dr. Honeycutt hasn't 'died' yet. :p )
Episode #3-09 (61) - Hunted (Leatherhead returns, even though in the running storyline he's believed dead. He's revealed to be alive, in Agent Bishop's genetics lab in the World's Collide arc which is on the next DVD.)
Episode #3-02 (54) - Space Invaders #1
Episode #3-03 (55) - Space Invaders #2
Episode #3-04 (56) - Space Invaders #3

TMNT 3.2: Worlds Collide:
Episode #3-05 (57) - Worlds Collide #1
Episode #3-06 (58) - Worlds Collide #2
Episode #3-07 (59) - Worlds Collide #3
Episode #3-08 (60) - Touch and Go
Episode #3-12 (64) - The New Guard

TMNT 3.3: Return of the Ultimate Ninja
Episode #3-19 (71) - Reality Check
Episode #3-20 (72) - Across the Universe
Episode #3-21 (73) - Same As It Never Was
Episode #3-22 (74) - The Real World #1
Episode #3-23 (75) - The Real World #2
(They did justice with this one. Other than the fact that the set-up episode, Time Travails (Episode #69) hasn't been released yet. And features the original return of the 'Ultimate Ninja' in his fused form with Draco.)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Do you have any idea why they started doing this? Also, why did they change the way they were numbering the releases? Why is the volume after volume 14 called volume 3.1?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Travis, I'm glad to hear your feedback regarding the transfer, I was really underwhelmed by Artisan's work on the first season release. In fact, I thought it downright sucked. As much as I appreciated being able to finally own the first season on DVD and relive my childhood, I was incredibly dissapointed in the overall presentation. The subpar transfers, the lack of extras, the pointless and awkward inclusion of the extra season ten episodes which could have better and more fittingly been filled with either more episodes or extra content, perhaps some commentaries or commercial spots, etc. I thought Artisan showed little regards towards fans of the series, so to be honest my expectations for tomorrow's release were not high. But I am very happy to hear that the quality of transfers have been improved upon. At least that's a plus... even though we really should have a complete Season 1 & 2 boxset released last year! Anyways, despite my criticism, I'm really hyped on tomorrow's release... I can't wait to watch these episodes again after so many years - it's a blast from the past! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks