What's new

TMG: THE NAME OF THE GAME: SEASON 1 8/19/2014 (1 Viewer)

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
Jack P said:
O'Hara is indeed Universal. Reruns aired in the early 90s on A+E as part of a package deal of other short-lived Universal shows that also included "Ellery Queen", "Delvecchio", "City Of Angels" and "Mrs. Columbo" (which should stay buried even though two episodes got stuck as "bonuses" on the regular "Columbo" releases).
RTV showed several episodes of O'Hara a few years ago. As a David Janssen fan, I found them hard to watch. From what I've read, Janssen hated the show. Fortunately, a few years later we got Harry O, which is one of my all-time favorites. I'm very thankful Warners released the entire series, although I wish they had remastered it.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
JMas said:
RTV showed several episodes of O'Hara a few years ago. As a David Janssen fan, I found them hard to watch. From what I've read, Janssen hated the show. Fortunately, a few years later we got Harry O, which is one of my all-time favorites. I'm very thankful Warners released the entire series, although I wish they had remastered it.
From what I've seen, O'Hara is a bad fit for Janssen--It was Jack Webb Mark VII production, and has all the earnestness of Webb's other shows, which doesn't work with David Janssen's naturalistic, world-weary acting style.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I've watched some of O'Hara and being a fan of Webb's shows felt it was okay but the chief problem was that Janssen's character needed a regular partner for him to bounce stuff off in the same way that we had Friday-Gannon, Reed-Malloy, DeSoto-Gage. He would always have a different one every week which made it harder for the show to get some traction.Janssen a few years later quipped while on the Tonight Show that doing that show always helped him get through customs.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Well, Amazon has caught up to everyone else and changed the release date to October 28th. Hard to justify complaining too much about a slight delay in releasing a show that might never have been released at all.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
The status of this release has changed on Amazon:

"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Hope this is just a delay (or mistake) and not bad news for this set! :(

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I wonder if they might fix the cover art photo they posted which used a reversed image!Also hope this is to settle the issue of including the pilot which indications earlier wasn't in the set.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I preordered this, but am considering canceling it. I'm just afraid Timeless will follow this with a Complete Series, rendering this single season as being virtually worthless.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Received this from Amazon today:Hello,We're contacting you about order --- We recently learned that the manufacturer of The Name Of The Game: Season 1 cancelled this release and it will not be available for purchase. As a result, we've cancelled the item from your pre-order and you have not been charged. We apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused.We hope to see you again soon.Sincerely,Customer ServiceAmazon.comhttp://www.amazon.com/

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
While it's probably too much to hope that they decided to go with a complete series set instead, maybe Jack's idea is correct and they're working out a way to include the pilot.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Dave Lawrence said:
While it's probably too much to hope that they decided to go with a complete series set instead, maybe Jack's idea is correct and they're working out a way to include the pilot.
I hope so because if the pilot episode is not included, I'm not buying.

Sadsack

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Robin9 said:
I hope so because if the pilot episode is not included, I'm not buying.
some TVseries on dvd added the TVmovie they were based on in a later season. Or the TVmovie was released separately. Considering how rare this series is, I doubt it will be a dealbreaker for 99.99% of consumers if Season One doesnt have it.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I was really looking forward to this release. I hope that the delay is short and that the pilot is included. But I would like to see at least some episodes released on DVD.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I already have the pilot, as I'm sure most people who are fans of the show do. That thing aired in syndication constantly and is far more common than the series itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks