What's new

TMG: THE NAME OF THE GAME: SEASON 1 8/19/2014 (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Hint as to what is still extant post-fire for potential DVD release. Not a hint that one is imminent.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Noticing that every online listing except Amazon is saying the release date is October 28th, rather than August 19th.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I sometimes go through listings of what was on the networks in a specific year & then research from there & see what's available on DVD. I've added some nice shows to my collection that way. I hear so many good things about THE DEFENDERS that I'd love see that one!Very happy about NAME OF THE GAME though!

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Jack P said:
The obvious hint is what has aired on cable stations post-fire and has it been the full runs. This is why I think "The Bold Ones" and "Run For Your Life" and "McCloud" have to make it eventually because they are available.
But Those shows (along with "Suspense Theater") haven't had complete runs aired The cable outlets skipped episodes - so they may not have complete runs on those on hand.
However, several of the shorter run "THE BOLD ONES" did air complete runs. (Minus the pilot movies)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
There was however talk of "The Name Of The Game" not airing all its episodes either, and that's making it of course. Several episodes of "The Virginian" I know were skipped as well in cable airings (the one that comes to mind is a first season episode with Tammy Grimes). I think if these shows are on the daily schedules that is still a positive sign. "Switch" by contrast only had a select few airing in limited slots.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
McCloud is certainly available in its entirety. The United States and Liberia are just the last two countries that haven't released all the episodes yet...

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
For all those other Run For Your Life fans who mentioned it on this thread, I contacted Timeless and they told me they have no current plans to release the show. :(

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Ian K McLachlan said:
That's a great shame.
Yes, it seems that now my favorite all time show now holds the dubious honour of being the only 3+ seasons hour long drama premeiring from 65-70 to not get any kind of DVD release. You can include The Bold Ones if you want, but you get the point.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
Jack P said:
There was however talk of "The Name Of The Game" not airing all its episodes either, and that's making it of course. Several episodes of "The Virginian" I know were skipped as well in cable airings (the one that comes to mind is a first season episode with Tammy Grimes). I think if these shows are on the daily schedules that is still a positive sign. "Switch" by contrast only had a select few airing in limited slots.
Encore Westerns showed all of The Virginian except The Heritage and Storm Over Shiloh.
RTV showed all or almost all of Switch. However, the prints were not very good. Many looked very washed out.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Frank Soyke said:
For all those other Run For Your Life fans who mentioned it on this thread, I contacted Timeless and they told me they have no current plans to release the show. :(
Hey Frank! If you don't mind could you ask Timeless if they have any plans to release

MCCLOUD
O'Hara US Treasury
Cade's County

Or if you rather not could you provide some info on how to contact Timeless?

Thanks!

Robert

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Pre-ordered this immediately, pretty high concept show for 1968 into 1969 -- great news about a great show, sorry to hear about "Run For Your Life" still out of commission.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
MCCLOUD said:
Hey Frank! If you don't mind could you ask Timeless if they have any plans to release

MCCLOUD
O'Hara US Treasury
Cade's County

Or if you rather not could you provide some info on how to contact Timeless?

Thanks!

Robert
Will do. Gladly. I do seem to think I remember someone mentioning that O' Hara was a Warner product though. I could be wrong.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Harry O is Warner, maybe that was it. O'Hara I believe should be Universal, feel free to ask them any title off my list too. ;)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
O'Hara is indeed Universal. Reruns aired in the early 90s on A+E as part of a package deal of other short-lived Universal shows that also included "Ellery Queen", "Delvecchio", "City Of Angels" and "Mrs. Columbo" (which should stay buried even though two episodes got stuck as "bonuses" on the regular "Columbo" releases).

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Frank Soyke said:
Will do. Gladly. I do seem to think I remember someone mentioning that O' Hara was a Warner product though. I could be wrong.
Thanks a lot Frank!

Take Care!

Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks