What's new

TME Magazine - new issue (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
well,

the Jan issue which I just picked up.

The bonus disc is much better, well laid out, and even music videos in 5.1!

just wanted to share.

still, it could be better, like before in its first incarnation.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
original subscription.

trailers, 2 shorts, music videos, free movie.

still missing is a play all option.

Mine hasn't arrived yet (nor have my free discs).
This brings up a good question. Has ANYONE recived their free discs yet? I subscribed to TM a few months ago and have yet to recieve an issue or the free movies. I'm starting to think I may have kissed $40 away.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I haven't received my discs yet either. If they never come I won't be too upset because a lot of the titles are very poor.

Kelly W

Second Unit
I subscribed back in September and have received both new issues, but it took a while to get started. (About six weeks or so. I don't quite remember.)
If you go to the TM website (Link Removed) and click in the upper right-hand corner, you can read about the latest status on the 40 movies. They are now predicting a mid-March ship date.
Though they've been delayed several times, I still believe they will make good on their promise. Several people have already received the DVD players they were giving away in a similar subscription promotion.
The issue with Young Hearts Unlimited has been out for a while (I got it in mid December). The new (third) issue is coming shortly.
Don't give up. A representative has been posting over at another major DVD forum and has been very informative and helpful.
I'm pleased with the magazine/DVD so far. The second one was MUCH better than the first and the third sounds even better. I read somewhere what would be on the upcoming DVD, but I don't remember. I'll see if I can dig it up and will post it here.
-Kelly

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Y'know, I didn't cop to the fact that he said "Jan. issue". I got that one...a while back, in fact!
The key to unlocking my brain was "Young Hearts Unlimited"! I knew I'd heard that title before... :D

Kelly W

Second Unit
I hope this is okay to post here. This is a post by TotalMovie on 1/8/02 over on that other DVD forum. Here is the link to the thread, though it has now been closed because it got too long.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...0&pagenumber=5
The following is the link to the (AFAIK) most current TM customer service thread. I'm only posting this because it seems that a lot of people are having troubles and aren't aware that Total Movie is doing a decent job of keeping us informed.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=175320
Anyways... Here's that post I mentioned. It talks about what will be in the next issue.
As I think I said in one of my last postings, TM underestimated the amount of time it would take to get the 40 movies onto DVD. I am still not able to provide a firm ship date...though they are still being processed and will still get to everyone who signed up for them.
Think of them like the clock from time or video from Sports illustrated. They are bonuses. They will get to you...and should have gotten to you sooner...but they will definitely get to you.
The DVD players will definitely get to you as well.
Again, I will try to keep you up to date here.
If you have not received your TM magazines that you beleive you are due, please call a new customer service # - (866) 896-6843. Leave a message if you have to and please be patient.
Total Movie continues to go through growing pains...but remains committed to the magazine/DVD combo. You will see improvements in the customer service over the next few months and you will see improvements in the magazine and the DVD.
Your support is appreciated and your frustration and feedback is heard. So here is what you can expect on the next Total Movie DVD. The magazine and DVD are due to get to subscribers at the beginning of March:
2 shorts - The Kiss and bigLove (bigLove is the first short film shot with the 24P digital camera Lucas is using for the next installment of Star Wars)
An Interview with Russell Crowe on Beautiful Mind and the trailer
Theatrical Trailers for High Crimes, Ice Age, Scooby Doo, Eight Legged Freaks, Showtime, All About The Benjamins, Minority Report and Count of Monte Cristo
DVD Extras from Rush Hour 2, Jurassic Park 3, Dark Days, Bones, Hedwig & The Angry Inch, Zoolander and more - also trailers for a number of those and several others.
Music & Videos from Madonna (Holiday - Drowned Tour), New Order (60mph), Barenaked Ladies, Disturbed (Down With The Sickness), Smashing Pumpkins (untitled), Green Day (Macy's Day Parade) and Guided By Voices (Glad Girls)
A full length feature film on the flipside (better than the last one)
Magazine is looking great too! Again, Total Movie appreciates your support and hears your feedback and complaints.
I hope this is of interest to you.
-Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks