Tivoli Audio

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Torgny Nilsson, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Torgny Nilsson

Torgny Nilsson Second Unit

Has anyone on this site heard the Tivoli Audio Model Three clock-radio with or without its companion speaker? I am in need of a new clock radio and saw this product (which is very expensive for just a clock-radio but may make a good bedroom stereo system).

The few reviews I have found are very good, but I would feel better hearing from someone on this site who has actually heard it before I shell out any money for it (even with the 30-day money back guarantee).

Anyone?

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Not able to help you, but I have a photo of an audio dealer that audition his/her Tivoli system, with matching subwoofer and CD player, as shown below....

[​IMG]

3. GaryPete

GaryPete Auditioning

Torgny, about 6 months ago we bought a Trivoli Model 1 from Vanns to replace our old sqawky GE kitchen radio. We thought it looked cool and based on reviews only we spent the $99 on it with no regrets. It's small but has the big sound you get from properly engineered speaker venting along with a very good tuner. It compares sound wise to our Bose Wave bedroom radio and for a ton less $. Ours is mono only but I have to think the stereo model would sound even better. IMHO for the money I don't think you could do better.

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Ive listened to the mono one, and it sounds very nice, a very full sunding speaker for its size. Really nice overall...

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Ive listened to the mono one, and it sounds very nice, a very full sunding speaker for its size. Really nice overall...

6. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

The Model 3 is amazing for such a little package! We picked up Tivoli a few months ago, and I'll probably get a Model 3...although we just picked up Cambridge as well, so we'll see how the fight goes.

But Tivoli really does make amazing products...their tuner is soooooo exact, it's great. They're the only products we have in the store that'll get reception!

7. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

The Model 3 is amazing for such a little package! We picked up Tivoli a few months ago, and I'll probably get a Model 3...although we just picked up Cambridge as well, so we'll see how the fight goes.

But Tivoli really does make amazing products...their tuner is soooooo exact, it's great. They're the only products we have in the store that'll get reception!

8. Torgny Nilsson

Torgny Nilsson Second Unit

Thanks for the info. It sounds like the Tivoli may be a good choice (though I don't see myself putting it on speaker stands!).