Tivoli Audio Model Two Stereo By Henry Kloss.... Wow!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Kline, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Just received this diminutive two-piece FM/AM radio and all I can say is WOW! It has the best FM tuner available at any price. I also opted for the powered sub-woofer. Rather then adding a room rattling thumping sound it adds more bottom and depth to the music soundstage. The whole shebang costs just under $260 with UPS Ground Shipping included. Here's what it looks like:
    [​IMG]
    And here's the subwoofer:
    [​IMG]
    For more info go to:
    www.tivoliaudio.com

2. Todd_Michael_R

Todd_Michael_R Stunt Coordinator

Pete, you don't happen to work for CSW or Tivoli do you? j/k!!!! [​IMG]
    I had a chance to listen to its predecessor, the Model One, which was mono, at a CSW (or Tweeter?) when I lived in Boston. I too was mesmerized by both the sound quality coming out of just one speaker and its killer indoor reception! And they were priced at around $99 IIRC -- really good price/performance for such a small package, IMO.
    I decided that year to give a few as Christmas presents to colleagues and employees.
    I could only imagine that this stereo version with a sub would make this an even better desktop radio.
    Love the pics too. Thanks for posting them. I'll definitely want to give it a listen. And no, I *don't* work for either CSW, Tweeter, or Tivoli. [​IMG]
    Todd

3. Peter Kline

Todd,

Wish I did! Heny Kloss was a genius in my opinion. I had the Model One radio which I gave to my brother and his wife when I discovered they didn't have a radio when they recently moved here (Florida) from New Jersey. Way back when I had the famous KLH radio but this one is even better.

No question, even the mono radio makes a fantastic gift at $99.

4. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

The Bud Light I am drinking I toast to Henry. He was a Pioneer in the world of audio.

Cheers Henry Kloss!

Pete

5. Robby

Robby Auditioning

Sounds even better if you place a pair of socks in the ports of the speakers. They are just a bit too "tubby" for my tastes.

6. Peter Kline

Robby,
    Ummmmm, socks? Rayon? Cotton? Wool?[​IMG]