What's new

Tivoli Audio Model Two Stereo By Henry Kloss.... Wow! (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Just received this diminutive two-piece FM/AM radio and all I can say is WOW! It has the best FM tuner available at any price. I also opted for the powered sub-woofer. Rather then adding a room rattling thumping sound it adds more bottom and depth to the music soundstage. The whole shebang costs just under $260 with UPS Ground Shipping included. Here's what it looks like:
pm2tpebig.jpg

And here's the subwoofer:
pmstpebig.jpg

For more info go to:
www.tivoliaudio.com

Todd_Michael_R

Stunt Coordinator
Pete, you don't happen to work for CSW or Tivoli do you? j/k!!!! :)
I had a chance to listen to its predecessor, the Model One, which was mono, at a CSW (or Tweeter?) when I lived in Boston. I too was mesmerized by both the sound quality coming out of just one speaker and its killer indoor reception! And they were priced at around $99 IIRC -- really good price/performance for such a small package, IMO.
I decided that year to give a few as Christmas presents to colleagues and employees.
I could only imagine that this stereo version with a sub would make this an even better desktop radio.
Love the pics too. Thanks for posting them. I'll definitely want to give it a listen. And no, I *don't* work for either CSW, Tweeter, or Tivoli. :D
Todd

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Todd,

Wish I did! Heny Kloss was a genius in my opinion. I had the Model One radio which I gave to my brother and his wife when I discovered they didn't have a radio when they recently moved here (Florida) from New Jersey. Way back when I had the famous KLH radio but this one is even better.

No question, even the mono radio makes a fantastic gift at $99.

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
The Bud Light I am drinking I toast to Henry. He was a Pioneer in the world of audio.

Cheers Henry Kloss!

Pete

Robby

Auditioning
Sounds even better if you place a pair of socks in the ports of the speakers. They are just a bit too "tubby" for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks