What's new

Tivo - What needed? (1 Viewer)

TobyJ

Auditioning
Do you need a cable box to use Tivo? I have cable, but just basic/standard cable -- and I don't have a cable box, I use the TV tuner. Will a Tivo work like this?

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Hi,

Yes it sure will. Tivo will work with just about anything. Antenna, standard cable, cable w/ box, digital, and satellite.

Jeff

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
Three things to use TiVo... :)
- Willingness to buy one and pay either the $10 monthly fee, or the $250 lifetime of the unit fee (rumored to be going up to $300 Jan 1st) for every Tivo Standalone unit, or once to cover all of them for DirecTivo units.
- Cable, Satellite, Antenna (etc) for Standalones, DirecTv for a DirecTivo unit.
- Phoneline access for the Tivo to call in to download it's schedule (a local UUnet access number is good to have because otherwise you have to pay long distance fees for Tivo's calls)
That's about it, I guess...
Jim

Scott Stevens

Stunt Coordinator
the rumor about the Lifetime price increase is just that, an unfounded rumor. It has been squashed on AVS by Richard Bullwinkle from TiVo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks