What's new

TIVO versus Replay (1 Viewer)

Brian DL

Auditioning
I have not tried S-Video to S-Video yet (i'm too cheap to buy $50.00 S-video cables from Goodguys and am waiting for my order from pts xpress, hehe).

I am going to try that this weekend. But what's odd is the color saturation seemed really off on replay. I double checked the component video cables and used this same cable for my dvd player...no issues...

Brian DL

Auditioning
Hi all:

After 1 week with a replay 5080 and tivo series 2 80 hour, i've finally made my decision:

sony svr-3000
=)

I probably would have stuck w/ the Tivo; however I found a good deal on the sony and in my readings found the sony form factor should make it easier to upgrade in the future.

I did not get a chance to check out the s-video on replay as it turned into a doorstop since I didn' subscribe; i did check the composite out on the replay. it was actually not too shabby, comparable to the tivo. I'm thinking this was a shoddy unit. However overall I think the Tivo is a better choice for me now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks