What's new

Tivo Question? (1 Viewer)

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, I just got the Hughes Tivo, but I only have a single LNB. Is there any way until I get a Dual one for me to even record the show that I am watching? Or do I need the dual one to record anything

Thanks Beau

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You have to have separate coax runs from your dual LNB or multi-switch to your DirecTivo. There is no other inexpensive way for it to work correctly. I know Wal-Mart carried dual LNBs for around $35. Unless your system is a few years old, it should have a dual LNB. Have you taken the LNB off the dish to see if it has two outputs?

-Robert

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
It is over 4 years old so single is the way it is.

Why I can't tape a show that I am watching is really messed up. My dish is 3 stories on my Apt. building roof so changing LNB's is going to be a real pain.

Also is there a way to get the PIP on my tv to work with a Sat dish hookup?

Thanks

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
You don't need dual LNB to record a single show at a time (while watching it or a prerecorded show). You do, however, need to subscribe to the Tivo service ($5/month unless you have the "premier" package). Call DirecTV customer service to activate this.

PIP - won't work unless you have a separate source, either another sat receiver or cable/antenna. If you get the dual LNB you really won't need it (just record / pause the second program, rather than attempting to view it simultaneously via PIP).

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
Do I have a phone cord connection 24/7 or only while recording or never?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks