Tivo Program Guide until Thursday, Feb 27?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thi Them, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

My program guide lasts until this Thursday. Tivo gave me a message today warning me about it and told me to make a daily call. I made one, it was successful, but the guide hasn't changed. It's been making successful calls automatically. Is anyone else experiencing this?

~T

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

No, I have program data through March 9. If you're getting no error messages on your system information screen, it may be time to call customer service.

M.

Edited after I rechecked my TiVo setup; I had more program data than I thought.

3. Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu Screenwriter

You might try re-running guided setup. Sometimes this happens when they change the cable lineup naming, and stop updating the guide data under the old name.

4. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

I used to get that message every now and again prior to 3.x software upgrade. They would always go away once I rebooted TiVo. BTW, I have a DirecTiVo, not a standalone, so your situation might be different.

5. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

When in doubt,...reboot. This solves many problems with a lot of computer issues from my experience in the business.

Jeff

6. Ronn.W

Ronn.W Second Unit

Try rerunning setup. This has happened to me, and what might be going on is that your cable co has changed the node it puts out program data on and your TiVo doesn't know it. When you rerun setup the TiVo will get the new node data and all will be good. You won't lose anything you've recorded or any settings, so it won't hurt anything.