What's new

TiVo Program Guide Data not updating (1 Viewer)

Michael Reilly

Auditioning
I am new to TiVo, so I think that the problem I am having is my doing. According to the system information page, I am making my calls successfully, but the Program Guide data is not updating. I am down to 5 days after multiple successful calls. I saw a message saying waiting to reset on the system info page. I waited 24 hours and nothing happened. Today, I manually reset the TiVo myself. Still no update. The calls are taking awhile to load the info. I just can't seem to put it into the menu guide. I am in the process of waiting 3 to 5 days for the TiVo support to respond. Anybody have any ideas in the meantime?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Have you tried Tivo Customer care (phone support)? At one point, you could usually get a human being after a short wait on hold.
You might also head over to the Tivo forum at:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/
Obviously a lot more Tivo users over there then here!
I agree that someting is amiss, but in my 2+ years with Tivo, have not seen this issue.
BL

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I've occasionally seen this happen on my DirecTiVo but every time a manual reboot of the unit would fix the guide.

Alan Wild

Stunt Coordinator
This happened to me just last week. As it turns out it was due to a "reorganization" of the Guide Data for Time Warner here in the Houston area. I ended up having to repeat the Guided Setup. After it was done the guide data resumed.
Unfortunately, some of the channels are wrong in the new lineup. My Channel 16 (which is TechTV) is listed in the guide data is a Local access channel. So my Season Passess for TechTV shows are now getting missed. :frowning:
At least shows on the other channels are still recording.
-Alan

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
Try to repeat guided setup.

If none of the lineups look close, or if one's close but has some errors, contact Tivo customer support. They have a web form where you can list the channels that are incorrect. Usually only takes about 4-5 days to get fixed.

Michael Reilly

Auditioning
Thanks everyone. I did get through to the TiVo support over the phone. She said that I was just loading a software update initially, which took about an hour and a half. She wasn't sure why it required more than one call, other than the phone connection was broken. I was assured that the software was in place and one more short phone call would get the guide. It did. I am a happy boy. I recorded Buffy last night and went to the movies to see The Ring. The best of both worlds. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread