What's new

Tivo Hookup Question (1 Viewer)

I have Direct TV (non HD--one dish feeding four sets) and have been looking at various two-tuner Tivo's and Tivo variants. My question concerns the two separate feeds required. I'm probably showing my ignorance of satellite vs. traditional cable, but is there a way to take the one satellite feed I currently have into the room and simply split/switch it at the Tivo rather than running a separate feed from my main four set switcher? I have all my distribution buiried in the walls and it would be a major pain to pull another feed. Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Robert, I see what you mean about the limitations and cost. First, yes I have a 2X4 multiswitch fed from an 18" dish (I actually started with a triple LNB horn for HD, but when they installed the setup it was icy on the roof, the guys would not go up very high, and from where they decided to mount the dish my neighbor's damn tree blocks one of the three birds they had to hit). You obviously know your stuff, and the part I was missing was that you obviously can't re-switch a feed that's already been through a multiswitch. Oh well, back to the drawing board. BTW, by "variant" I was referring to the various modified tivo's guys sell with bigger hard drives, etc.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Obviously I don't fault the installers for putting safety first, but shouldn't you have a right to ask them to come back when it wasn't icy and install it "right" and to your satisfaction?

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks