What's new

Tivo and Prologic II or Neo 6 (1 Viewer)

Norman L

Second Unit
Why do I lose PLII or Neo 6 when my cable box is connected to Tivo?

Can I bypass Tivo by splitting the cable?

Mark_E_Smith

Second Unit
My TiVo SA model did not record PL very well off cable systems. But I didnt notice it untill I got a Direct TiVo with DD. I am not sure how you have your TiVo hooked up, so cant say if you can split the cable.

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
Well Mark, I'm not sure God will prove me right, BUT...

If he has the cable coming out of the wall into the box, then into the Tivo, he can split the signal coming out of the box into two.

Now...if he has two antenna inputs on the back of his TV, he can put one of the two outputs there
(antenna 2, fer instance), then the other into the TiVo, then put the TiVo into antenna one.

Many Tvs these days have an audio output that you can use to rout to one of your source inputs on the pre/pro or receiver you are using so you can process the sound to your liking.

Lot of assumptions going on here...and there is always the possiblity of an audio delay. Another way is to go through the VCR first, then into processor, then TV...but as Mark says...without knowing what the equipment/setup is...we're grasping here.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Mark_E_Smith

Second Unit
There is a 1/2 second delay coming out of the TiVo, so you cant split the signal and use "live" audio and TiVo video. He can split the cable before the TiVo and have another cable source, but that would be live tv only. TiVos will record the PL but it needs to be a strong signal that most cable systems lack.

MannyE, nice to know someone knows Latin. I didnt catch the pun till I read your post a second time. I have been trying to teach myself, the signature is some southern War between the States motos and from the psalms

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Why do I lose PLII or Neo 6 when my cable box is connected to Tivo?
First, make sure your cable box is in fact putting out stereo. Second, make sure your Tivo is recording stereo. It's under My Preferences->Audio Options. If it is, then one way to test if your Tivo is not recording stereo properly due to a weak signal from your cable box is to hook up a DVD player to the audio input jacks of the Tivo and start a manual recording. That should give you more clues as to where the problem is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks