Tivo and DirecTV box

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Broadman, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I have two items I would like to sell:

1. Tivo DVR

This is a 20 hour series 1 stand-alone Philips Tivo recorder that can be used with any cable or satellite box via IR connectors or, for some satellite boxes, a serial cable. This would include the box, the remote, and all the cables. The box is in fine condition. I'm asking $50 for now, but am willing to hear offers.

This is a cheap alternative to buying a new one and is perfect if you need to only use it occassonally. Or, you could always upgrade it with another hard drive to jack up the amount of info you store.

Since it's a series 1, it only has one video input, which means you cannot record two things at once or watch one while recording another. When I used it, I solved this problem by splitting my cable signal and watching the one on the TV's input while recording on the Tivo.

Of course, you would also need to purchase the service itself from Tivo, which I think runs at $13 a month, or you could buy a lifetime subscription.

2. DirecTV satellite box
    This is the standard model that comes with a basic DirecTV package for use with a regular non-HD satellite, made by RCA.

As of now, I am also asking $50 for it.

I am at work now so I can't see the machines and post more info, but let me know, either in this thread or via Private Messages, if you're interested or need more info.

Thanks!

Mike

2. Bob_L

Bob_L Supporting Actor

Bob Lindstrom
    Mike:

You got PM.

Thanks
    Bob L.

3. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

You've got PM on the Tivo.

4. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

I sent you a PM also ! [​IMG]

5. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

doh. this is what I get for not checking FS yesterday evening.
    I'll beat whatever they offer. [​IMG]

6. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Thanks for the interest guys!
    Someone jumped on the Tivo so quickly it made my head hurt. Sorry, guys, it's taken.
    However, that satellite receiver is still available! Someone out there must want to put a second TV in their home or replace a broken one, no? [​IMG]

7. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

Mike:
    Please check your personal E-mail. I sent you a note asking a couple of questions about the Direct-TV box. If it's the right type of box, I'm your man ! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]