Titus & Undeclared possibly cancelled.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Hicks, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Stunt Coordinator

Fox announced that these shows will be pulled from the lineup in March to make way for Andy Richter and Greg The Bunny. They say these shows are losing too many viewers from their lead-ins so it does not look good for these 2 shows.

2. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

They're being pulled to make room for mid-season replacements, but that doesn't mean "possibly cancelled", at least in my mind. Things certainly don't look great for either series, though.

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

They should have canned Titus a long time ago.

4. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I sure hope Undeclared isn't canceled. It's one of my favorites.

5. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Boy... Fox must really not want me to watch them anymore. I watch both Titus and Undeclared regularly. Since X-Files is going away in May, that leaves only That 70's Show for me to watch on that network. Oh well, more time for DVD's.

I used to watch Cops and America's Most Wanted every Saturday night but now I'm not usually home to catch them.

6. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

I guess even the old "Dobie Gillis" trick of speaking to the Fourth Wall, just didn't work for "Titus"...too bad, because it was the only interesting thing...that, and the flashbacks of Titus growing up and casting Stacey Keach as the Crazy, Irrascible Old Man...were the only things that it had going for it.

I'd love to see more of Stacey Keach...sadly under utilized talent there. His film "Fat City" is a classic.

7. ryan_m

ryan_m Stunt Coordinator

That is a shame cause I think Undeclared is one the funniest shows on TV right now. It's a lot more entertaining that any of the big NBC sitcoms. I agree with the above post, pretty soon the only time I'll tune into Fox will be for That 70's show. Oh I watch Dark Angel too but that has gotten so unbelieveably bad I can't imagine it'll last too much longer.

8. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

That's a shame. I've always said Titus is one of the most underrated shows on TV, and Undeclared is growing on me very quickly.

9. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Too bad, I hope it doesn't happen... but I wouldn't be surprised.

Undeclared is also starting to grow on me. I've watched it most weeks, and while I don't laugh out loud as much as I do on other shows, I do enjoy the show and don't find it as eye rollingly stupid as most sitcoms.

And Titus I love, but I just started watching it again after figuring out when it was actually supposed to be on. They kept moving it, and showing them on a "special night and time" that I never knew when it's actual day was. Then they all but stopped promoting the season premiere after 9/11, so it sat with nearly no advertising for two months, and the only thing I've seen lately is "Up next, a new Titus" after Bernie Mac.

10. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

Titus and Undeclared are both great, unfortunately both are scheduled against stuff I watch over them. Undeclared (and That 70s Show) are opposite Buffy so I always miss them. And I don't even know what time Titus is on anymore, but it runs Wed. when I'm watching Ed/Enterprise and West Wing. Why Fox scedules their good stuff against the good stuff from other networks that target the same demographic I'll never know. Christ, there is an hour and a half window on Thursday nights when there is nothing I can stand on TV. I hate CSI and Will and Grace and those shows skew older than Undeclared and Titus, they might not win the slots, but they would offer a stong alternative for people like me.

11. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    I love and hate Undeclared. I think its funny (actually very funny) and generally well made and acted (and I would love to bang the hell out of Rachel) but I get kind of depressed watching it as it reminds me of the good old days of college life. Sure, the show is WAY OFF on some aspects of college life, but it is dead on in other ways.

I sincerely doubt Fox has anything better in the pipe, so why not stay with it? Remember, way back a little show called Cheers was not doing so well when it first came on, but we all know how that turned out (and no, I'm not really trying to compare the two shows).

12. Dave_P

Dave_P Stunt Coordinator

Hey Jason,

I'm with you on Monice Keena(Rachel). It's in the eyes with her. She just seems to soak in sexuality to me. I don't know exactly what else it is, but she has IT. I hope they don't cancel this show. I like it. If anything, I hope Monica gets more screentime somewhere.

13. Jake Gove

Jake Gove Second Unit

14. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

The scene where they were doing the "script" was absolutely brilliant. I had a problem hearing it because I was laughing so hard. (Somebody PLEASE get me a DirectTivo.)

I couldn't believe the emotions I was feeling when the new guy was there for the ToD. I REALLY wanted him to go, but then he definitely added to the humor of the evening.

I love this show so it's gotta go.

C

15. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I loved the script scene. This week was definitely Undeclared at its best. I really hope this show stays!

16. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes
    Dave_P: Did you see this weeks episode? Rachel =
    [​IMG]

17. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

"Anybody wanna play some Uno?" has to be one of the best delivered lines I've seen in a while.

18. Dave_P

Dave_P Stunt Coordinator

Jason,

I think she always looks great.

- Dave

Btw, my brother's name is Jason.

19. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

I used to watch TITUS then this season they showed the episode where 2 men kiss and that was the last time I'v watched that show. See Ya!

20. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes
    Dave,

I couldn't agree with you more, but dammit, she looked extra-great in that bra......