What's new

TITANIC: You all knew this was coming... (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
oooooh. Do you live near berkeley...?

:)

and yes, that scene with them on the deck after the party was excellent IMHO.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
I have my fingers crossed that this is the movie with a) the single-frame glitch corrected and b) with the missing 4th disc from the previous set as the extras disc. Give me that for $19.99 srp (which will mean $15 or less debut week), and I'm solid.

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator
On DVD Empire, it has the following audio options listed for the 10th Anniversary Edition: English DD-EX 5.1, English DTS 6.1 ES, English stereo surround and Spanish stereo surround (don't know if they dropped the French track yet). so I think it'll just be the first 2 discs from the U.S. set repackaged in an Amaray case and dubbed the 10th Anniversary Edition.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well it is likely just the first two discs of a set you may or may not already own so yes.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Well, this makes me sick. Why do another SD-DVD release with the movie split on 2 discs instead of putting the whole thing on ONE HD-DVD and releasing it right!? :-(

They release so much trash on HD-DVD and the movies that would really benefit from it (like by all fitting on 1 goddamn disc) get ignored.

I picked up that 3 disc edition for under $10 ($8.99?) at CC a while back. It was on sale the same week as the special edition of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
This has to be one of the dumbest re-releases ever. What could they possibly do to make it better than the 3 disc?

Patrick H.

Second Unit
Now that the day is upon us, these ARE the exact same discs as the previous set, right? I saw this out this afternoon and that's what it looked like based on the specs. I'd be interested to know if anything's re-configured or at least the minor glitches have been fixed, though. Never got the previous set, but have always been curious about the Cameron commentary.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
NO WAY for me. I got the TITANIC SE, after the long wait of the previously non-anamorphic release. That's all I need. Maybe in this one, somebody warns the Captain in time and they avoid the iceberg. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i dont htink it's cheaper.

the 3 discer is oop anyway, as it appears in our database.

the msrp is higher for the 2-er, then the 3-er.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Don't need this release, I have this fine film three times on DVD right now, the original non-anamorphic release (signed by Charles Haas and Jack Eaton which is why I haven't parted with it), the 3 disc edition and the extended cut.

I'm done with this film on SD, the next time I buy this film it will be on an HD format.

BTW, anyone seen Tino around? Surprised he hasn't been in here yet.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I made one and mailed it to him a few months ago.

I did an early version almost two years ago that wasn't properly synced (audio/video delay) so earlier this year I re-did the whole thing and cleaned up all the edits and other glitches I could. He has both my early version and my cleaned up final version. I actually did a second version a couple of months or so after that first one, totaling 3 attempts, but that second version still needed improving, so I gave it one more try.

There's actually a 'community' of what are called "fan edits" of popular movies. I don't know much about it, as this film was the only film I've ever done this to - creating an extended version - but it's a pretty big deal for net nerds. I borrowed the custom artwork from one of those fan editor's versions (seems like I'm the second person out there to extend Titanic) but that's it. Those people make them available for downloads, but I never had any intention of doing that. I mailed mine out to a couple of people and that's all. No online stuff, and virtually no one has seen it.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I'll simply hang onto my 3-discer, obviously, but the only way I'd double-dip is if Cameron were to someday change his tune about finally releasing that feature-length Ed Marsh-produced documentary that was originally supposed make the three-discer a four-.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
That would earn a purchase from me as well. I'd also pitch for an actor-driven commentary by DiCaprio/Winslet (and that ain't going to happen anytime soon). But that is about it.

Oh, and high def :)

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I haven't even opened my Titanic SE and won't repurchase this film in any format but I do like the film, it just hasn't been my choice whenever I sit down to watch something. Counting HD recorded to D-VHS in addition to Blu-ray/HD DVD/DVD, I must have about 1,000 hours of movies to watch and that isn't counting a few hundred hours of concerts, TV shows and various other programming. I am not going to double dip on much, I have sold a couple hundred DVD's the last couple of years and the selling prices are just too low to justify selling the DVD and replacing it in HD.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks