What's new

Titanic Subwoofer vs. TC Sounds Woofer (1 Viewer)

Morgan_

Stunt Coordinator
I'm curious, does anybody on the forum own a Titanic subwoofer, either just the woofer or the kit, and what's it's performance like? Would or could it outperform the TC Sounds woofer in the SVS PB10? They look very similar, and I'm curious as to the Titanic's performance.
Titanic

and the TC Sounds Woofer

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You can't judge a sub by looks. You can look at their T/S parameters and get an idea of how they will perform. But with the TC sub you are basically just guessing. SVS will not release any information about their drivers.

The Titanic sub is a very high quality driver and in the right enclosure perform very well. As far as I know, there haven't been any head to head comparisons with the PB10 though.

I noticed that you are new. There's a DIY section where we discuss sub design and more advanced things.

-Robert

johnBee

Auditioning
Hello Morgan,
I do not have any experience with the TC sounds woofer or the SVS line of subs, but I do own the Titanic MKIII sub.
This is not the kit, although it is the driver and amp supplied in the kit. I built the cab for this sub, 2.4f^3
gross volume, 1" mdf, 1.5" baffle with internal bracing. 2.1f^3 after bracing, amp and driver displacement.
For music only this sub rocks. Flat FR down to about 22Hz.
If your intentions are for HT, you might lean harder to the SVS line as thier subs are ported and able to go lower.

Morgan_

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply John, I was just curious about the Titanic III's performance, as it has really nice construction, and materials. I believe you when you say it rocks for music, as it looks like a beefy sub like that would perform well in a sealed enclosure. I'm still breaking in my SVS PB10, haven't had much time to exercise it, but I'll play a movie and some music Sunday and work it out a little.

Morgan_

Stunt Coordinator
When I said "looks" similar, I should of said "constructed" similar as far as surround and motor structure. They are both beefy subs, that's for sure.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff_Wi

Stunt Coordinator
I own the Titanic MKIII 10" kit and it is real nice. When you consider the price you can't go wrong. The response in my room is flat to 25 with a hard rolloff below 20Hz. I've not had the chance to hear (feel!) the TC Sounds so can't comment, but would expect another nice product. One thing to consider is the size of your listening room. You don't want this in a large room. In my small room I have no trouble making everything buzz and rattle at 25Hz.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Yep ... A laugh a minute here. Morgan asks a perfectly legit question, and gets a couple decent answers.

Then he gets ridicule.

Very classy, gentlemen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks