What's new

TITANIC DVD Cover art- request a change here! (1 Viewer)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
No effect on sales, what are you talking about? Screw that boat in the background, the only reason I'm buying this is because Cameron is on the cover!:D

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
While I don't want to see Jim Cameron on the cover, isn't that why places like the former dvdcoverart.com was made for. I'll probably end up making my own cover of the dvd anyway. I've got nearly all of Jim's movies so I'll probably make a James Cameron Collection or something.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'll buy it no matter what is on the cover. After all, I'm not going to sit and look at the cover for 2+ hours. Do I like it, no, but I don't see making a big fuss about it either.

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I much prefer the original movie poster art (with Jack's head tilted down, and his arms clutching Rose) for the cover art. But the new updated cover art just doesn't work.:thumbsdown: The James Cameron photo should be on the back of the box, otherwise it looks too distracting instead of attractive.

Sorry...no change, no sale.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
If the cover art stays, I am sure theer will be plenty of people making their own replacement art.

I know of one online site that people share their work, can someone give me (us) some places to visit for replacement DVD art since the original site was closed down by Disney?

Eric

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

Ive held off buying many titles because of problems in the content, but bad cover art has never been one of them... to each his own.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz

Just wanted to ask that nobody actually list any of these websites out here in a public forum. PM them only, please.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Tell you what, if this cover stays, which i'm getting the sinking (no pun intended) feeling that it will, I will pay anyone here any amount they ask to make me a replacement cover. I unfortunately do not have the hardware to do it myself.

Is someone here willing to help me with that if it comes down to it? I'd greatly appreciate it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
If the cover stays, I will keep the case in that "VHS Collector's Edition" box (the one with the picture book and film strip )

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I'm with you John. :b At the end of the day all that really matters is the quality of the dvd but this film does deserve a classy and elegant cover.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
As an artist, the original cover was MUCH MUCH better!

As an analytical thinker, putting the director on this set makes perfect sense to me since this edition is MORE than just the movie. The featurettes ARE about the director and that's what they are marketing this edition as.

This is DEFINITELY why studios do these things. It's a marketing tool to let the consumer know that DVD's are MORE than just the movie.

I know most here disagree with the above (myself included) but that's the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks