What's new

Titanic (1953) - looks like another top Fox Studio Classics release (1 Viewer)

Alistair_M

Second Unit
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0046435

Release date: 2 September 2003 (Region 1)

I didn't know it was so loaded with extras:

2 commentary tracks
1st: film critic Richard Schickel
2nd: cinematographer Michael Lonza, historian Silvia Stoddard, and cast members Robert Wagner and Audrey Dalton

94 minute documentary on the Titanic

footage of the 1943 German propaganda version of the story
two Movietone newsreels
theatrical trailer
still gallery
Titanic Aftermath-an audio essay by Stoddard

Its a must buy for me. Well done Fox!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
This has always been a big favorite of mine & it also gets another film of one of my favorite actors in front of more people - Clifton Webb. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: I guess this will give Cameron something to shoot for. :D

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Fox has done an amazing job with the Studio Classics series. All of the films are carefully restored, and have a real wealth of suplements with them that really help you appreciate the film that much more. I'm proud to own them all to date.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I already own most of them that have come out so far, so another must buy.

Surprised at the lenght of the documentary though

:emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I watched "Titanic (1953)" Tuesady via the Fox "Studio Classics" line. I've lost track of the number of times I've seen this film on video. This DVD is the best that I've ever seen it look. It is not perfect, but it sure looks grand to me. I listened to the Richard Shickel commentary while watching. His commentary wasn't too bad, but I've heard better on the subject. For example, the Titanic commentary on "A Night to Remember". The next time I watch it, I'll listen to the other commentary. I really enjoyed the Michael Lonza "Beyond Titanic" Documentary. I learned a couple of things I did not know before. I highly recommend this DVD to Titanic fans & those who only know this film via LD or pre-recorded tape or off-the-air taping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks