What's new

Titanic 10" kit vs. DLS 10 inch for 99.00 (1 Viewer)

Dick Garwood

Auditioning
Has anyone compared the Titanic 10" (349.00) kit against the DLS 10" (99.00) which both sell at Parts Express? I'm interested in a new sub and I am wondering if it is worth the price difference to go with the Titanic. Any ideas or opinions - thanks.

Dick

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I had the Titanic kit and liked it very much - but I wanted more than a single hi-output 10" could give in my room - went with a 12" vented in a much larger enclosure.

The Titanic was great, though. Only when pushed on movies would it falter.

Not sure about the DLS - yet - I may get one for my mom!

- CM

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Colin,
I think the "Tiny Mighty," as they call the DLS 10, will be fine for your mom- assuming that you have the typical mom (like my own) who isn't really a die hard HT person but appreciates the extra bang a sub will provide to the HT experience. For the price- you can't beat it.

Dick,
I've heard good things about the Titanic kit and understand it to be a better sub than the DLS 10 in terms of output and lower extension. By how much? I do not know, though. What makes the DLS 10 such a great sub is what you get for the money. There are few if any other subs out there for that price that can perform at that level. However, the DLS is not an HSU VTF-2. I think for the majority of folk out there who aren't into the real low low extension and the super loud bass playing- the "Tiny Mighty" will do just fine. But if you've heard an SVS and want to compare to that- I don't think it's a fair comparison from what I've read. Now, as far as the DLS 10 vs. the Titanic is concerened- my understanding is the Titanic will outperform the DLS 10, but you might want to DIY for a better performance per dollar ratio than the Titanic. This is just what I've come to undertand in all my HTF reading and discussions with some very knowledgable sub folk out there. Hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks