What's new

Titan vs. Mini Monitor (Paradigm) (1 Viewer)

ColtonA

Stunt Coordinator
Well seeing im from canada I get a way better deal on paradigm then the states, so the price difference between the Titan and the mini monitor is about $125 canadian. Is the mini worth the extra price over the Titan? I havnt had a chance to listen to either yet but I would like to know what to expect? Thanks!

Nick Cerretti

Stunt Coordinator
I auditioned both the Titan and mini-moniter. I wasn't sure which one I was impressed with. The mini-moniter for sound awesome for $300 a pair, or the Titan holding its own against it.

If you listen to a lot of 2ch music, I'd go with the minis. They sounded better in the midrange, particularly with the vocals. However, I don't listen to too much music, so I just couldn't justify the price difference, especially considering I'm upgrading all my speakers. I can use the $80 I save on the cc170.

I was talking to a salesguy at my Paradigm dealer, and he said there is practically no difference with the Titan, Focus and Mini movie-wise. I couldn't tell a difference either. They do sound different musically though.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have both Titans and Minis, and while the Titans are one of the best speakers in the price range, I feel the extra money is worth it for Minis as mains.
For music, the difference is obvious. The difference is less noticable with movies, but the better tweeter in the Minis is still noticable. At higher volumes, I found the Titans to "ring", even with music, which is why I stepped up to Minis, and now to Monitor 5s.
I still use Titans as surrounds though, with no complaints. The Minis are now in a second system, full range no sub for 90% music. :emoji_thumbsup:

ColtonA

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys, I do listen to allot of music so maybe its worth the extra $ for me!

Cooper_B

Agent
Mini Monitors, definitely!

I am biased because I think that a good quality 2-channel setup is better than a 5/6/7.1 setup for the same money. This is more true if you listen to a lot of music. With movies, it is very important to have clarity for the dialogue and sonic subtleties.. you won't feel the need to turn it up just to hear everything.

But hey, everyone has their preferences. Just have fun and beware the upgrade bug.

-Cooper

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
For mains, the Minis are a much better choice. I have both, with the Titans doing surround duty. I have done some comparisons between them. The Titans are a little shrill at the top end, and are a little bit more muddy in the midrange. The Minis blend at the crossover better.
Now they are both great speakers, and the differences are small, but between the two, the Minis are better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks