What's new

Titan vs. M2ti (1 Viewer)

TimForman

Supporting Actor
I see many more comments about the Titans and very little on the Axiom M2ti. I'm torn between these two great little boxes. I'm running a Tempest sealed sub and will be running the mains, center and rears from a 100W per channel receiver. I can crossover at 80 or 100 Hz. The smaller size of a bookshelf will fit perfect in my room and the price is right. Any thoughts?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you are looking at the Titan size wise, you would want to compare it to the M3Ti. The M3 is easily the better speaker, though the Titan has better bass response at the expense of some midrange clarity (this won't matter with them set to small). Check Axiom's factory outlet, as you can sometimes find B-stock M3s for only $250 (they list both black and cherry right now). I would expect the M2 to outperform the Titan as well, though with even less bass.

With a x-over of 80Hz, you could end up with a dip in midrange with the M2s because they are -3dB @70Hz, while the M3 will give you 60Hz and less of a dip. 100Hz should work very well with the M3, and might still give a dip with the M2 (though likely not very noticable).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks