What's new

Titan v2 vs v3? (1 Viewer)

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
A month ago I bought 4 Titans and a CC-170. Problem was, they were out of Titans so while waiting for the missing 2, then lent me their in-store demos. All 4 were v2s but the CC-170 is a v3...

Now, I just brought back his demos and brought home the new ones, they are v3s! So should I place my v3s in front with the v2s in the back or the other way around or does it even matter?

keir

Stunt Coordinator
I asked paradigm the same thing before i bought some v.3 titans. heres the response:

Hi

Improvements were made to the components in the Titan v.3 but the sonic performance characteristics are virtually the same as the v.2

Sincerely,
Gary Takeda
ParadigmTechnical Support

Brian Warren

Stunt Coordinator
so how do you both like the titans. what are you using em for? what sub set up are they with? I'm considering the titans with a set of dipoles
Brian

keir

Stunt Coordinator
My titans are the mains for my HT system. I also listen to music pretty often. 50/50 I guess. the titans are nice but after hearing my friends axiom m22tis i definately see where they have room for improvement. the m22tis are double the price, but i imagine the m3tis also sound better. For HT the titans are amazing. for music they just arent as articulate as the m22tis, but still sound good. im using a sony sa-wm40 sub and it integrates well.

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
There is no difference at all. Period.

In the Performance line, Paradigm updated the Legend, Phantom and the CC-170 with new bass/mid drivers and new tweeters. They also introduced a new CC - the CC-270. The other Performance products (Micro, Atom, Titan etc.) were changed to v3 status just to keep the numbering consistent - ie. for simplicity. But there were no changes to these models.

/Jeff

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Keir, I have listened to the M3Ti right next to my Titans and Mini Monitors, and I have to say there is no comparison between the M3 and the Titan. The tweeters sound similar, so it comes down to the midrange. The M3 gives up a bit of low end extension for it's great midrange, though they are a bit bright, even when paired with my Marantz gear.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Ok, I put my v3's in front so that they will be broken in more quickly (When I play an MP3 playlist in my living room and say wash the dishes in the kitchen, no point in using DPL2 or CS5)

All in all, I'm very happy with my Titans, they sound great and they put my pathetic Kenwood HTIB sub to shame!

Once the budget clears up, I will upgrade the sub to either a Paradigm PDR-10/12. Or if money permits, I might be able to get a SVS 25-31PCi but that could get me evicted so it may not be a good idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks