Tis true, not all subs are good for HT.

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Jerome Grate, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

For almost two years I've been using my old 15 inch subs (one active and one passive back to back). I decided to dismantle the old 12 inch sub I built and the horror story there was 4 to 5 dead mice (got in but couldn't get out), anyway took the old sub, reconstructed a new cabinet and wow what a difference. The old 15 inch subs Electrovoice I read only went down to 42hz which explained why I was gettting a lot of sound that shouldn't be in the sub. The 12 Dual voice coil subwoofer from Rat Shack went way lower. I never felt so much deep bass before in my life (well when I auditioned Cerwin Vega Sub). Wow, now I just have to replace the actual 8 inch and 12 inch subs with perhaps SVS subs. 250 watts going into them will definetly rock.

2. deryck_s

deryck_s Auditioning

get those SVS and you wont be dissapointed. also check out rava subs. good response and almost half the cost

3. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I've never known Electrovoice woofers, excellent as they are, to go all that deep without equalization. Now, as for those 18" JBL's with a 1" throw in an infinite baffle design .....

4. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Alan, the Electrovoices are for large bass cabinets in Music applications. Used them for my old D.J. set up. Never thought about eq-ing them for low and deep bass.