Tired of Netflix. What's the best alternative?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by FredCampbell, Sep 20, 2001.

1. FredCampbell

FredCampbell Agent

I'm sure this issue has been discussed ad infinitum, but I am so tired of Netflix and I need some quick advice. First of all, I am very sympathetic to Netflix's plight after the events of 9/11, but the kinds of mistakes they've been making in the last 6 months have just grown too tedious for me to endure any more.
    So, I live on the east coast. What is my best alternative to Netflix for renting online? Thanks in adavance.

2. Michael Knieriemen

Check out...
    http://www.rentmydvd.com
    They have a warehouse in NJ and are planning others across the U.S.
    [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Michael Knieriemen on September 20, 2001 at 08:27 PM]

3. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    I too made the switch to RentMyDVD a few months ago, and while I do think it's better than Netflix, it still leaves a lot to be desired. I'm currently looking into other alternatives and have had some positive experiences with DVDBarn.com. The discs take a little longer to get to me, but at least they actually have DVDs in stock. I currently have 45 movies in my RentMyDVD wish list (queue), 15 of them haven't been released yet, 30 of them are out of stock.

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

RentMyDVD has excellent customer service, but they're quickly becoming a victim of their own success. When I started with them early this year, I could always get at least some new releases. Now I barely get any. The same thing happened with Netflix.
    On the plus side, they continue to be very prompt about processing returns.
    M.