What's new

Tired of Comcast LIES! (1 Viewer)

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
Been trying to get my BILL fixed this past 2 months. They are charging for 2 boxes,never had more then one,also modem,& install fee for replacement box. Told would be no charge! Now I am trying to change to just internet service. Will get by with NetFlix,Hulu & Amazon Prime. Was told I could get a pkg. price of $99.00, but when I asked what that included she said I need to call back Mon. 3/31???. All I would suggest to all is look at your bill carefully.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I bought my own modem for this same reason. They kept charging me for a modem I never had and had to get it credited after MULTIPLE complaints to them. I dropped them years ago and when I moved to my new place, I had no option but to go with them this time, much to my displeasure.

Get used to it too, they're only going to get worse.

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
I have no love for Time Warner either, but I would rather stick with them the way they are. I really hope the aquisition is halted by the government.

jrdnlc

Auditioning
Real Name
Jordan
I have no love for DirecTV or Comcast. I left them both a while back and i am happy with Time Warner now.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
They are all not so great. Had Comcast (just for internet) for many years and have Bright House now (just for internet) after a move. Believe it or not Bright House makes Comcast's service and billing look wonderful. I never take anything from cable companies except for the internet service (and I get my own modem and router). I have an antenna for local channels and both Netflix and Amazon Prime for movies and TV shows, Between those and the movies I own and buy and music I own, I have all the variety I need. If there is a game or two on during the year I want to catch, it is easy enough to grab dinner out at a sports bar. AT&T is currently wiring for fiber in my neighborhood so I'll see what they offer as far as internet only (not interested in those initial packages where they jack the rates up after they expire). I get 15/1 (and it usually is a drop more) speed and I have my Ooma telephone box (after you buy the box you just pay monthly taxes for unlimited US calls (I the deluxe service includes unlimited Canadian and other features), around $4, and the service is configured so if the internet is down it resorts to one's cell phone and when you get a voice mail, in addition to be available at home, it sends you the voice mail (MP3) attached to an email so you can get the message no matter where you are.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Phil A said:
They are all not so great. Had Comcast (just for internet) for many years and have Bright House now (just for internet) after a move. Believe it or not Bright House makes Comcast's service and billing look wonderful. I never take anything from cable companies except for the internet service (and I get my own modem and router). I have an antenna for local channels and both Netflix and Amazon Prime for movies and TV shows, Between those and the movies I own and buy and music I own, I have all the variety I need. If there is a game or two on during the year I want to catch, it is easy enough to grab dinner out at a sports bar. AT&T is currently wiring for fiber in my neighborhood so I'll see what they offer as far as internet only (not interested in those initial packages where they jack the rates up after they expire). I get 15/1 (and it usually is a drop more) speed and I have my Ooma telephone box (after you buy the box you just pay monthly taxes for unlimited US calls (I the deluxe service includes unlimited Canadian and other features), around $4, and the service is configured so if the internet is down it resorts to one's cell phone and when you get a voice mail, in addition to be available at home, it sends you the voice mail (MP3) attached to an email so you can get the message no matter where you are.

I switched to Ooma a month ago. I sprang for the deluxe service ($99/yr) because it included free porting to keep my number, a free second line and most importantly I LOVE the blocking lists. Half the calls we received were surveys, "charities", political calls, etc....calls I didn't want to take. The blocking has taken care of almost all of these, and the few that slipped through (mostly the state police/fire "charities") I was able to add to the block list with a few clicks. I was paying $30+ taxes to Comcast for two lines (one with no features). I'm now paying $8.33 + taxes ($99/12 months) for two lines with even more features.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Adam Gregorich said:
I switched to Ooma a month ago. I sprang for the deluxe service ($99/yr) because it included free porting to keep my number, a free second line and most importantly I LOVE the blocking lists. Half the calls we received were surveys, "charities", political calls, etc....calls I didn't want to take. The blocking has taken care of almost all of these, and the few that slipped through (mostly the state police/fire "charities") I was able to add to the block list with a few clicks. I was paying $30+ taxes to Comcast for two lines (one with no features). I'm now paying $8.33 + taxes ($99/12 months) for two lines with even more features.
Adam - I have the Deluxe as well. Have had it since I moved to my present location a couple of years back. Love the personal blacklist. I very seldom receive a call from a number I don't recognize (even Googled Sirius/XM which came free for 90 days with a vehicle so I blocked them out before they had a chance to annoy me). My DAC in my main system is made in Canada. So the unlimited calling that comes with the deluxe is worth it to me just for that when I need to talk to them about a technical issue.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I did sign up for Comcast cable after i was told that the back of the cable box had a S-video connection so i can record programing to my Panasonic dvd recorder. When the guy came to install the box there was no S-video connection at all so the next day i returned the box back at the local office and was told there that there has been no S-video connection for the cable boxes in years. Was very angry that the sales rep lied to me or did not know what Comcast offers for connections on the back of their boxes so I only had Comcast service for one day!

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I've had them offer me deals, which I accepted, only to never have them implemented, and later being told the rep wasn't authorized to make that deal! They answer your phones and represent you as a company to your customers, not my problem, I expect what you promised. What a lying bunch of the lowest slime! :P Sorry, I had to deal with them again just today.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Everett, I feel your frustration along with others and I'll say this.., that is one of the reasons why I cut the cable. Too expensive, customer service sucked and hundreds of channels with nothing on. Picture quality wasn't the best either. In a side by side comparison between cable and OTA, OTA beat it by a mile as cable and satellite had too much compression and the HD content looked matted, (to me anyway.) I have the internet feed for Hulu, Netflix and the whole gambit of movie/tv content via my Blu-ray player and now that I have a 4k TV, I can get Ultra HD from Netflix, and other 4K providers including Youtube.

Sometimes you got to kill the frustration and take them out of the loop completely. That is what I did.

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
Update... March 2016- I looked at my current bill and they are charging for a bridge? I have my own Modem and Router. Haven't called yet,oh brother !

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Comcast sucks. Probably the worst company I've ever dealt with. How they stay in business, I'll never know.

Mystery pricing, rates always changing (upwards of course) and horrible customer service. They pretty much had a monopoly in my area, until satellite TV arrived. I've been with Dish for about eight years and couldn't be happier.

When I went to return my box back to Comcast, not even the slightest attempt at trying to keep me as a customer. Get the serial#, sign the paperwork, then "Next in line....". Even their employees know the company sucks.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I am aware that I may be alone in this, but here goes. Things may be getting better, at least in my dealings with Comcast. I've been able to get agreeable service with my bill lately with no sudden charges out of the blue. It took work to get my charges where they are now, and they have remained there for a few months. I also had a good experience at their store when exchanging a modem. I'm on an even keel right now with them. Steady as she goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks