What's new

Tips? Velodyne HGS 15 or SVS PC+ 20-39 (1 Viewer)

Thang_N.

Stunt Coordinator
I have an offer from an authorized dealer for the HGS 15 for 1900 out the door. My brother has this same sub and I know it is very nice...
On the other hand alot of people here swear by SVS, not that I don't take the forums word, just that I would hate to be out about $80 to $90 bucks shipping it back if I didn't like it.
I know that there is about a 1K dollar difference here, but I just don't like the fact I can't audition it with my gear.

I spoke to Eric at SVS and he stated to me that the SVS would basically play just as if not as loud as the HGS.

I'm the type that listens alittle loud and likes to feel the bass on my body...

I've signed up with audioenvy but never get a response back...

Any advise out there?

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Thang,

Bring home the HGS. Order a 20-39PC-Plus. If at half the price you don't prefer the SVS I'll pay to have it shipped back myself. Tom probably has the numbers to indicate it'd be more than a fair fight.

In any case, I'm not worried. ;^)

Ron

Thang_N.

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,
It is truly amazing how always step up to the plate.
I have read your customer service is fantastic and I
can see why. This is a huge sub you have, wife didn't like me telling her the size of it, but I know her. If the sound is the same if not better then the HGS and to save 1K dollars, I know she'd be all up for it.
I will order the SVS when I am able to find time where I can truely take my time to audition the two...
but if anyone has any other comments I'd love to hear...
Thanks Again Ron..
Thanks for the motivation Wayne..
;)

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Another example of great SVS service. I've only heard the HGS-18 and I would personally choose the SVS. They play with a little more "slam", which is great for HT.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Bring home the HGS. Order a 20-39PC-Plus. If at half the price you don't prefer the SVS I'll pay to have it shipped back myself.
What an oustanding offer. Regarding the Velodyne, there's no way I'd pay $1,900 for that sub. For the $$, it better do a bit more than just produce low frequencies - if you know what I mean.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Why not just get a single Ultra and the Samson amp, for $1299 you will definitely know that you will outperform the HGS.

Gordon B

Agent
Heck, for that kind of money, you can almost buy twin Ultras and the Samson. I originally had a Velo HGS-10, which is admittedly not as powerful as the 15, but I thought the 15 was way overpriced and not worth the difference in money. I later bought the twin Ultra/Samson combo, and the 15 isn't even in the same league. The twin Ultras literally can vibrate the water in my swimming pool.

Thomas F

Stunt Coordinator
I second the vote for the SVS Ultra/Samson S1000 combination. It's an awesome sub! You could then add a second Ultra at a later date for even more bang! You can't go wrong with SVS.

Mark Kreisberg

Auditioning
I have an FSR 12 and my 20-39 PC+ is in a different league. I imagine the FSR 12 is not as capable as the HGS 15 but my SVS is so superior to the Velo.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I think you guys need to knock it off. I am starting to break big time. I am supposed to be setting some kind of standard in our household. I really blew it this last year on HT gear and I really might blow it again this new year to. Duel Ultra's sound very tempting! "I wish I could do what I want when I want". :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

RichardH

Supporting Actor
I say go for the PC-Plus for convenience. I doubt he'll need more than that. If so, then dual PC-plus. If he needs more than a PC-plus, I don't think a single Ultra would do it, so might as well get dual PC-plus at that point.

BTW, great offer/service from SVS yet again!

Donald Shrum

Stunt Coordinator
Is there anywhere in LA area that I can hear a set of SVS. I am looking into the PC plus. I have tried a bunch of subs at home. Can't seem to find one I am happy with. I currently have a HGS-10, NHT 12" sub in a big box and an external 300watt amp (don't know the model) , a Sunfire True sub and none of these sub are musical enough. Play decent in HT, but nothing to impressive. I keep hearing about these SVS, and the customer service is the main reason why i now, would like to audition the SVS. I really would like to listen to them first before I decide to sell my HGS-10 seriesII.

Donald

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Donald,
Have you tried: Audio Envy yet? This site will pair you up with another SVS owner in your area where you could go over to their place and check out the SVS sub that you are interested in purchasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks