What's new

Tips on flying one-way? (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Next month I'm driving Mother Dearest out to Florida. 55 years of avoiding Florida sadly come to an end, but I'm getting off subject.
I need to fly from West Palm Beach to San Antonio (or Austin), one way.
I know people commonly buy a round trip ticket for this purpose and just don't use the return portion. Is this still the best deal?

Jim

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
You'd have to compare fares, if southwest services both cities they'll certainly be the cheapest, and they charge each way usually, so it shouldn't matter. Too bad you're not on the east coast, jet blue would be a good option too.

John Miles

Stunt Coordinator
Airlines will usually void any discounts associated with round-trip travel if you don't use the return ticket.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Airlines will usually void any discounts associated with round-trip travel if you don't use the return ticket.
How could they possibly do that, when you pay for the ticket in advance? Just don't tell them you're not using the return portion...

paul watkins

Stunt Coordinator
you have to look around.my situation last week:i wanted to fly from boston to raliegh nc. i got a air-tram one way ticket for $139 and had to connect through atlanta,which is out of the way and took longer,but the ticket was $95 cheaper than a direct flight from boston to raliegh.so you have to look around and ask questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks