What's new

Tipping a huge widescreen LCD TV on it's side... (1 Viewer)

SeanCarter

Auditioning
I bought a 60" Sony Grand Wega LCD HDTV last weekend, and it should arrive next week, and I just realized that there is no way in h*ll it's gonna make the turn down a hallway in my house. My question is, would tipping this kind of TV onto it's side [carefully, and with as many people as possible of course] pose any danger to the electronics inside?
Thanks!
-Sean

SimiA

Second Unit
Shouldn't, but be afraid, be very afraid!!!:D :D
Just be very careful.
Cheers, Vb

Bill Will

Screenwriter
And most of ALL have them do it just incase there is a problem later with the set & you want to return it. You don't want to hear from them that you broke the set when you turned it on it's side & they won't take it back.

Tyson Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
Just pay the delivery fee and you'll be covered. Tipping it on it's side shouldn't be a problem, just be sure not to jar it or drop it while it is sideways.

SeanCarter

Auditioning
Yeah, I'm paying for the delivery, but I just don't see the delivery guys being OK with tipping it on it's side... Think They'd go for it? Man, I'm sooo excited, I've been waiting so long for this!

Tyson Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
They'll go for it. I had to tip my Hitachi 51UWX20B on it's side to get it into and out of my old house and it didn't cause problems.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
if the delivery guys even think (or care) that tipping it will be an issue, i'll be amazed. :)

i figure as long as they don't bang the thing around you'll be fine. heck, you should see the way we treat the tv's at my work....and they still work fine.

oh yeah....congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks