Tiny Toon Adventures and Freakazoid finally announced.

Matthew H

Second Unit
Really? They were able to score the Plucky/Hamton themed "Istanbul" and Hamton/Dizzy/Plucky "Particle Man" music videos? That's fantastic!

That's one of my favorite episodes of the series.

JiM T

Stunt Coordinator
Completely thrilled with "Freakazoid!" coming out. Been waiting/hoping a LONG time for this!

John Pannozzi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Francis Pannozzi
I'd imagine that Warner Home Video would get around to releasing Taz-Mania (and possibly Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries and the Duck Dodgers series) after they finish Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Freakazoid and hopefully Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain.

As for what happened to Animaniacs vol. 4, there's a music rights problem with Macarena parody. Hopefully they resolve it so Animaniacs vol. 4 will come out, preferrably later this year (alongside TTA vol. 2), or in 2009 (alongside TTA vol. 3).

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Freakazoid is the last TV series on DVD that I have been pining for. My son is now 16 and we still regularly quote this show.

Ricardo Montlalban (in his Khan voice): "I am NOT a WEENIE... YOU are a WEENIE!!!

I too REALLY wish this was a "COMPLETE" series offering so I would't have to worry about a second season later on.

Thanks for the info John. I fondly remember the Animaniacs' "Macadamia Nut". I just You Tubed it and sincerely hope they manage to work out the rights.

C

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Yeah Freakazoid was a monster gulity pleasure to watch when it was on tv, and it almost a sure gulity pleasure buy for me when it comes out
LOL

Real Name
Bradley
Hey everyone! I'm new here! Now its my turn to talk. I'm very excited to hear that we'll finally be getting the release of Tiny Toons and Freakazoid this summer! However i seem ot think differently as far as how many releases Tiny Toons gets. Unless otherwise this is how it most likely may go: First we have Tiny Toon adventures Season 1 Volume 1 with 35 episodes. it said "Season 1 Volume 1 which means its the first of the season 1. Most likely the next DVD will be Season 1 Volume 2 to conclude season 1. Because they seem to be releasing Tiny Toons in Seasonal Sets, that might mean that after season 1 Volume 2 they'll release Season 2 and 3 in complete season sets making it a total of 4 releases not 3. There are 98 episodes by the way to answer that one guys question. Also John, thanks for clearing that up about Animaniacs Volume 4. I had been pondering forever why it was delayed and it makes sense since its hard to get rights although i'm not sure why they don't already have rights when obviously they had them when they made the episode but whatever thats understandable. PS: I hope that they'll release Animaniacs Volume 4 alongside Tiny Toon Adventures Season 1 Volume 2 this winter. That'd be great!

John Pannozzi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Francis Pannozzi

I think they'll release Season 1: Vol. 2 (which should contain 30 episodes) later this year (around December), and that next year (most likely in June or July) they'll release a set that has both seasons 2 and 3 (which have 33 between them); so the series will be released in 3 sets each containing a similar number of episodes.

And P.S.: I goofed about the Macarena parody being the cause of Animaniacs vol. 4's delay. Oops.

Chris S

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Just saw that TVShowsOnDVD.com has the full press release along with cover art for both shows.

Link

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bats8711