What's new

TINA TURNER LIVE IN AMSTERDAM: WILDEST DREAMS TOUR re-release (1 Viewer)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Not surprisingly, there's been no mention at DVD File or The Bits; no reviews at DVD-Basen; and searches here for "Tina Turner" and "Wildest Dreams Tour" did not return any hits for what appears to be the re-release today of this concert film.

Previously available from Image Entertainment in separate DD and DTS releases from '97 and '99 respectively, it appears from the Amazon listing that the re-release includes the same 21 songs as the previous two releases but adds a TT interview and the "Whatever You Want" music vid. List price is about half of either of the previous releases.

What/who exactly is Red Distribution, Inc.? Another sub-distribber or imprint/label (IMO confusingly) partnered with Image Entertainment a la Eagle Vision? They've got their name on quite a few diverse titles (none of them 'A-list' except in the concert film/music video area):

http://www.navarre.com/browsepub.asp...vendor=859349#

But, the Link Removed does not feature this version of the title in its listings of August 2004 releases. Has Image somehow lost the rights to this concert film?

-p

MattHR

Screenwriter
I've noticed a few other titles that were once released by Image that have been re-released on this label. There were two Image Bee-Gees titles that are now combined in a DVD set for less than half the original price. I'm not sure if they are the exact same transfers or not. Both the Bee-Gee's and Tina Turner discs were available in separate DTS versions (probably full bit rate), while the new versions contain both Dolby and DTS (probably reduced bit rate).

These were all Eagle Rock productions licensed to Image. The contracts most likely expired, and Eagle Rock seems to be releasing titles on its own label now.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Matt:

Thanks very much for the reply.

I figured such might be the case WRT rights expiring. Are you sure about the relationship between Red Distribution and Eagle Rock (Vision?) or are you speculating?

Interestingly, it looks like another Eagle Rock concert film title that originally had no DTS release by Image--Janet Jackson's The Velvet Rope Tour--was released in February with DTS by Red Distribution. Interesting . . .

http://www.dvdplanet.com/product_lis...123&format=DVD

We need some comparative reviews of these. Enrique C.?

-p

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Got this yesterday via Amazon. I'll drop back in on this thread once I get my own copy but I unfortunately won't be opening this copy as it is a gift.

Eagle Vision is a division of Eagle Rock Entertainment Ltd. according to the box. The "Ltd." indicates that it's a U.K.-based company. It would appear that they're a production boutique that has rather successfully exploited the major labels' not-entirely-stellar support (there are many concert films and video compilations for major artists that appeared on LD which have not been re-released on DVD) of long form music programming on DVD by financing/producing programs to own the rights to outright. www.eaglerockent.com

Audio includes both DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1, along with what may be a PCM 2 ch stereo track.

No reference whatsoever on the Amaray to Red Distribution. Interestingly, "XBox Compatible" and "PS2 Compatible" logos appear below the DD and DTS logos on the back.

-p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks