TimeWarner using the SA HD3000 yet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave_N, Oct 24, 2001.

1. Dave_N

Dave_N Extra

I am currently getting HDTV from TimeWarner via a Scientific Altanta HD2000 settop box. I only get one channel at the moment: HBO. I could also get ShowTime if I wanted to spend the $$$ to subscribed to it. Biggest problem with this box: it is very very slowwwww when changing channels. Doesn't make a difference if the channels are analog, digital or HDTV; it is consistently slow (up to 5-6 seconds sometimes) switching amoung them.
    I have had a TW tech. come look at it, but all he did was shrug his shoulders and say: "that's just the way they are" and said if I didn't like then give the box back and go without HDTV.
    Anyone else experiencing the same problem with this box?
    Does anyone have the newer HD3000 box that can give me a report?
    Thanks,
    Dave

2. Andy_R

Andy_R Stunt Coordinator

Check out this press release from Scientific Atlanta.
    It says that that TWC is purchasing 50,000 Explorer 3100HD set top boxes. It does not give a time frame for when these boxes will start showing up in people's houses, but hopefully it will be soon.
    -Andy
    ------------------

=========
    Andy Roth
    My DVD List
    =========

3. Matt Taylor

Matt Taylor Stunt Coordinator

Dave,
    I have two of the SA HD2000's in my house and I do agree that they change channels pretty slow. I get HBO HD east and west SHO HD east and west and PBS HD. The picture they put out is phenominal, but I've noticed on my Panny CT-32HX40 that if I don't have a REAL strong signal, I get some artifacts in my HD picture. My Pioneer SD-532-HD5 always has an INCREDIBLE picture in HD, but the picture will drop out completely if I am not receiving a strong signal. It can be annoying.
    I haven't heard anything about the SA HD3000. But given the waiting list here in KC for the HD boxes, and the fact I have two of them, I'm not complaining!
    Matt