What's new

TimeSplitters 2 On Every Console (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...862326,00.html
Yup, was PS2 exclusive, now its on all 3 consoles.
I played a demo of this game a month or two ago at a friend's house, and it was a big improvement over the first game. They were thinking of putting online play into the PS2 game a while back, so I wonder if it'll be in the X-Box one, in addition to the PS2 one (if its in there at all).

Matt MacFarlane

Stunt Coordinator
I have played the demo too,hehe, and the difference between it and the first is like night and day. The gameplay is totally different, reminiscent of Goldeneye, and could prove to be a very good game, as long as they make it nothing like the original which was a great disappointment.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Never played the 1st one since, from everything I read, the single player experience left alot to be desired.

Since it they've addressed that problem, I'll be picking this one up for the Xbox.

paul h

Supporting Actor
It's all about taste i suppose as i loved the first game and spent many hours completeting all the challenges. Spent countless more hours on 4-player deathmatches :)
I dont remember it ever being a PS2 exclusive, just hadnt been announced for the other 2 uptil now.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The big problem with the first game was the lack of a reason to do things. You run into a level, get an item, and get back to the start. Now, there is a storyline and the missions are more objective based (like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark). The controls, graphics, and pretty much everything else is a LOT better.

I think there will be a coop play mode.

I assumed this game was PS2 exclusive because the first one was (what else would it have been on, though?) and they hadn't announced it for any other consoles.

Matt MacFarlane

Stunt Coordinator
The missions in the first game were boring and repetitive, and the cooperative mode was lame. I was expecting much more, and was greatly disappointed. It looks, though, that it will redeem its predecessor.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
But, the graphics in the first game were pretty good and the multiplayer mode was amazing. There were tons of secrets, cheats, hidden characters, etc. and the only real negative point was the lack of a reason for the objectives in the single player mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks