What's new

Timesplitters 2 Demo (1 Viewer)

Sean Eldridge

Second Unit
I just purchased the monthly OPM and this is the month for the PS2 demo disc. Well, lo and behold, they had a demo for TS2. It feels so much further ahead than the first game. The one level they let you play actually felt like there was some purpose to what you were doing. Control was good, but I had to modify the standard setup, they already let you do it on the demo. Graphics were easily improved over the first game. There is an extreme amount of detail. There are even security cams ala MGS2 that you have to avoid, and they are destroyable.

Also on the disc: Final Fantasy X, Crash Bandicoot(I couldn't stand this game, there was so little difference from the PS games), Okage: Shadow King, Half-life, SSX Tricky, and more.

Definitly a good disc/mag to check out.

Sean

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I take it from the first sentance that they dont have demo discs every month? How often will you get demos with this mag? I did pick this one up a week or so ago, and the TS2 demo is pretty cool.

Brian

Frederick

Second Unit
I picked up OPM last week. I've played that demo maybe 5-6 times. It's going to be an awesome game. Can't wait for it to come out ...

OPM alternates the demo disk. One month it's a PS1 disk, the next a PS2 disk. I wonder how much longer they're going to do that. That's why I don't subscribe to that mag. It's a good mag, but until they go all PS2, I can't stomach the price. I'd rather pick it up every other month for the demos ...

Freddy C.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
After reading the original post I went back and tried the demo out again as I never got that far in it. Is there a way to save the game? I keep dying and I cant seem to find any health.

I tried playing the Half Life demo and man... I dunno if it was the game or not, but I started feeling queasy playing it. It just looks icky on the PS2, but I'd imagine that's partially because it's an older game, and partially because I'm so used to it on the PC.

Brian

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Played the demo yesterday and was amazed. The control was very good (though I had to change the configuration) and the graphics were great. The little opening sequences was very well animated and was a good showcase of how great the graphics were. The actual level in the demo was fun and pretty straightforward, so I never got stuck in one part because I didn't know where to go. Overall, I am definitely buying the game.

And the flamethrower was cool!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
My friend initially thought it sucked because of the control setup, but after showing him how he could change it around, I realized he wasn't that good with the dual-stick design to begin with and isn't a FPS fan.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Finally went out and picked it up today. Wow, its got a very Goldeneye/Bond feel to it, more than Timeslpitters 1 had. I like the demo a lot and am gonna run through a few more times and see if theres anything hidden...

One thing though, I customized the controls but I cant seem to move the sniper rifle up/down/left/right...is this something I messed up somehow?

JQ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks