What's new

TimeLife announces "The Lost Episodes" of The Carol Burnett Show (1 Viewer)

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Each disc and all its contents are listed on the TimeLife website page for the box set. You can compare all the contents there.

Here’s the page:
https://timelife.com/products/the-carol-burnett-show-the-lost-episodes-ultimate-collection

Thanks for the link. So somehow, I have ended up with Disc 1 of "Exclusive Bonus Features Vol. 2," but not Disc 2. Well, I guess it's back to eBaY. At least it looks like I'm not missing much, just some interviews with the writers.

I just thought if there happened to be a version of "Classic Carol" with a bonus disc, and it happened to be that second disc of "Bonus Features Vol. 2," it would keep things nice and simple.

Both my "Lost" and "Treasures" sets have 7 DVDs. I got "Lost" at f.y.e., and I got "Treasures" on eBaY. At least for these, there isn't the madness of having to hunt down a single disc or alternate version of a box set at a particular store for certain episodes available nowhere else.

I have held off on the earlier Time-Life boxes so far, mostly because just before they announced their first mega set, I had just bought the Guthy-Renker set, which consists of the first 21 Columbia House volumes plus "Show Stoppers."

Even though I paid too much, I'm glad I got them after reading about cut versions of some shows on the Time-Life DVDs. I am still looking for the missing Columbia House volumes. I managed to pick up Volume 26 (shows #1011 and #1103) some time back, but when I check eBaY, sellers with individual volumes almost invariably have ones in the Guthy-Renker set. I looked last week, and two or three sellers had one of the later volumes, and of course they all had the same one (the one I already have).

I have seen a couple listings for a complete set, but (a) I already have two thirds of it, and (b) from what I have read on this forum, they are likely to be bootlegs anyway.

I have resisted getting the earlier Time-Life sets for a few "new" episodes along with 90% content I already have. Maybe if they get cheap enough.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for helping me (and others) make sense of this jigsaw puzzle.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Both my "Lost" and "Treasures" sets have 7 DVDs. I got "Lost" at f.y.e., and I got "Treasures" on eBaY. At least for these, there isn't the madness of having to hunt down a single disc or alternate version of a box set at a particular store for certain episodes available nowhere else.

Yes, thankfully they have not pulled that alternate/exclusive disc stunt since the first box set. That was NOT cool.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
I just picked up a disc at Cracker Barrel with three shows from the later Columbia House volumes. The cover says "Carol's Favorites," but the disc inside not only says "One More Time" but it has a disc number from that set. It's crazy, but at least I can cross one Columbia House volume off the list. A few years back I picked up a couple other single discs, and it was similar. They were all from larger sets, but the title of the disc came from one of the OTHER larger sets. (I think the ones on the disc labeled "Carol's Favorites" were from the "This Time Together" set and vice versa.) And to top it off, it turns out I already had all the shows --they weren't ones with "unique" episodes. But at least I got some of the extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks