What's new

"Timeless" on NBC (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Take away the last scene with the mother and you have a very satisfying end of the series. Flynn put away, Rufus finds love, Lucy and strange ear have possible future together. They obviously shot the last scene as a cliffhanger to get renewed, but covered their bases by wrapping everything up just prior to that in case they were not. I guess it's standard practice for some shows now. Enjoyed the series, but yikes, must be expensive for the network.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Three episodes behind, but I noticed the description of the last episode was "Season Finale", not "Series Finale", so looks like a good sign it will be back.

Looks like we wait and see until sometime in May to see if it makes to season two.

BTW, for anyone concerned with spoilers, don't look at the text, just the left side of the screen to see when it was posted, then you can bypass everything until you've seen the episodes.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I enjoyed the season. I knew the Borg Queen would have her moment at some point :)

If TIMELESS isn't renewed, I will always look back on it with fondness, but doubt I would ever buy the discs.
The Borq Queen was Alice Krige in First Contact. I didn't notice her in Timeless and I don't see her in the credits on imdb. Is there another Queen?

Edit: Never mind. A little more use of IMDB and I found the others Borg Queen.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Take away the last scene with the mother and you have a very satisfying end of the series. Flynn put away, Rufus finds love, Lucy and strange ear have possible future together. They obviously shot the last scene as a cliffhanger to get renewed, but covered their bases by wrapping everything up just prior to that in case they were not. I guess it's standard practice for some shows now. Enjoyed the series, but yikes, must be expensive for the network.
They did not wrap up the series, even ignoring the scene with Mom. Lucy still wants to find her sister, Rufus's main squeeze may be able to time travel without a machine, the implication of a romance for Lucy, Rittenhouse is still going, these are all strings not tied up.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Lucy was granted another time travel mission to go back and save sister, so that was established and could have ended that story there. We don't need to see another attempt. The mood, you recall, was totally optimistic. Yeah, they added the Golden Gate bridge vision to set up something for the girlfriend. But until the mother scene, they had also pretty much wrapped up Rittenhouse with hundreds of arrests. Take away that last scene and remember, it all plays differently. They even basically suggested Lucy and strange ear would get together. Usually that takes 3-4 seasons. :)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
No season 2 is a disappointment even though it is not a surprise. I wonder if the creators will reveal any of their would be plans somewhere.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I still have a bunch of episodes on my DVR. I guess I'll save them for a while to see if it gets picked up anywhere else. If not, I'll probably just delete them.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I don't foresee this being popular enough to warrant getting a whole new network (Hulu or Netflix) other than for reruns. Niche fanbase and probably not near as excited to push it to another network.

I'd say it's dead.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
No cable network could afford that show, so I doubt it gets picked up. By the very nature of the show you need different sets and costumes every week. Ghastly expensive..

Too bad. Lot of fun.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
That sucks. Any other announcments?
Yeah, that sucks, really liked the show. Why do so many good shows get dumped without a chance to build an audience, yet many other really crappy ones survive? :(

"Mom", "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders" (and I'm a big Gary Sinise fan), "Scorpion", "Quantico" and others, even "Bull". I like "Chicago Med", but the other "Chicago" shows are really pretty bad.

I know they have plenty of fans, but I'm not one.

Tremain

Grip
Real Name
Kelly
I liked the first few episodes, but it got "turned up to eleven", and I lost interest. I wanted more time travel, less conspiracy. Still, a time travel show is a treat, even if burdened overly with plot.

I also wonder how all the crappy shows survive; it's a great mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks