What's new

"Timeless" on NBC (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering about the end of the episode with Wyatt planning on saving his wife. I was wondering why Rufus didn't present to him the argument that if he does save her, then Rittenhouse will have something to hold over him.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was wondering about the end of the episode with Wyatt planning on saving his wife. I was wondering why Rufus didn't present to him the argument that if he does save her, then Rittenhouse will have something to hold over him.
If I were Wyatt, it wouldn't matter to me. First things first, save my wife.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Seems like Mason's empire is crumbling, Bruhl is out, Rittenhouse meets with Lucy, Wyatt taken away by officials and Rufus having domestic issues, ... busy episode, great to watch.

Really enjoyed last night's ep. Wondering if this season will have an ending or just a cliffhanger. I guess the next two episodes will be just as fast paced.

Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. Truly enjoying this show.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Finally saw last week's episode.

The preview for the episode was (as I should have expected) completely misleading. It made me think that there were disastrous consequences due to Wyatt going back in time (showing the results of Bruhl's explosion) and they would need to undo something. That of course was not the case.

I wonder how long Wyatt will be away from the team. There are only a few more episodes left in the season (a total of 16 were eventually ordered and this was 13). I hope it does get renewed.
I wonder if there will be even some semblance of resolution of some plotlines in episode 16.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Wow!!!

Conversation with Dad was a little underwhelming. Need more info about what Rittenhouse is and it's legacy. Can't help but believe that if Quark hadn't been killed, the son would have found a way to either stop it or water it down. Sort of wondering if this is their answer to would you kill Hitler of you could go back in time. Wyatt found he was unable to prevent his wife's death.

Seems to be setting things up for a great finale, just hope there are not to many lingering threads in case the show is not renewed. Please renew this show.

Liked the tie-in with Lindbergh that Lucy tried to exploit, shame it didn't help

Thought that Wyatt's escape was a little too easy, only two guards for a Homeland Security breach. I realize this is a somewhat secret agency, but that seemed like some lax security. Glad he is out though. Nice statement from Rufus that he feels the need for Wyatt.

With the new NSA/Homeland Security at Mason Ind., does it seem that Mason may finally have a change of heart???

Last edited:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
The promo for next week said just one more episode till the "season finale" not series finale...not that it means anything official, but it's hope at least.

That's a good sign. Looks like it may survive and come back next fall :)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
That's a good sign. Looks like it may survive and come back next fall :)
Timeless did better than Blindspot in 18-35 last week. If the show wasn't so expensive to produce, I'd say it would likely be back. But as it is, I will be pleasantly surprised if it comes back for season two. Here's hoping!

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Maybe a timeslot change could help. I read somewhere that the live numbers were holding the show back.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I have to admit I kind of hope it doesn't get renewed because I'm intrigued enough to keep watching but the reality is it's just not a very good show. Too many cliches, poor writing and weak performances drag it down. And they seem to be making it up as they go along. I suppose that is the standard for network shows these days though, so it's probably got as good a chance of any network show for a renewal.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Wow!!!

Conversation with Dad was a little underwhelming. Need more info about what Rittenhouse is and it's legacy. Can't help but believe that if Quark hadn't been killed, the son would have found a way to either stop it or water it down. Sort of wondering if this is their answer to would you kill Hitler of you could go back in time. Wyatt found he was unable to prevent his wife's death.

Seems to be setting things up for a great finale, just hope there are not to many lingering threads in case the show is not renewed. Please renew this show.

Liked the tie-in with Lindbergh that Lucy tried to exploit, shame it didn't help

Thought that Wyatt's escape was a little too easy, only two guards for a Homeland Security breach. I realize this is a somewhat secret agency, but that seemed like some lax security. Glad he is out though. Nice statement from Rufus that he feels the need for Wyatt.

With the new NSA/Homeland Security at Mason Ind., does it seem that Mason may finally have a change of heart???

Well thank you for the spoiler alert. Just kidding :D

I just did a quick glance at your post. I'm really immune to spoilers, never bothered me at all. It's on the DVR so I'll catch up tomorrow.

This is a great show. As was "Limitless". Hopefully this one survives.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I have to admit I kind of hope it doesn't get renewed because I'm intrigued enough to keep watching but the reality is it's just not a very good show. Too many cliches, poor writing and weak performances drag it down. And they seem to be making it up as they go along. I suppose that is the standard for network shows these days though, so it's probably got as good a chance of any network show for a renewal.
The only thing you said that I agree with is that they seem to be making it up as they go along. In the early shows they were so afraid of changing history each trip, and now they do whatever they want and it doesn't seem to matter anymore. I disagree, however, that the performances are weak and it is filled with cliches. It certainly isn't the greatest show ever produced, but it has its charms for this viewer, and I hope it gets picked up. But I doubt it. Historically it smacks of a show that will be axed, both in content and in ratings.

Stan

Senior HTF Member

Oh boo, hiss, thumbs down... I think your post officially qualifies as thread crapping :eek: Not serious, just a little kidding.

I know we all have our own opinions and this show certainly isn't Emmy Award winning writing or acting, but hey, it's fun, silly and enjoyable. Toss reality out the window and it's a quick 45 minutes of wasted time :lol:

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Also re: the underwhelming conversation with the dad... No mention of the now non-existent sister?!
He did mention how sorry he was about that.

I did not expect Wyatt to escape. I actually thought that Lucy would try to exploit her father's connections and try to get Wyatt back on the team via that avenue.

Now, I have no idea what they can do on their own. I am thinking that it is heading towards a big cliffhanger at the end of the season.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I am still watching the show, but I find myself liking it less and less as the season goes on. I thought the idea of visiting different time periods was really nice, with its much wider variety of time periods than either 12 Monkeys or Quantum Leap. But I just find Timeless not as good as those other 2 shows, as I did find myself getting really bored at times. The Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner act through the timeless has gotten really repetitive. If it gets cancelled, I won't be sad either.

If it does get a Season 2, I hope it would include visits to the future.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Oh boo, hiss, thumbs down... I think your post officially qualifies as thread crapping :eek: Not serious, just a little kidding.

I know we all have our own opinions and this show certainly isn't Emmy Award winning writing or acting, but hey, it's fun, silly and enjoyable. Toss reality out the window and it's a quick 45 minutes of wasted time :lol:
I have found myself liking the show more as the season progressed. Yes, it's fun, silly, and enjoyable, but it also has a certain darkness too it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but previous time-travel series did not allow history to be changed at all, people were not being killed on every trip. The previous shows were very silly.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I have found myself liking the show more as the season progressed. Yes, it's fun, silly, and enjoyable, but it also has a certain darkness too it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but previous time-travel series did not allow history to be changed at all, people were not being killed on every trip. The previous shows were very silly.

Oh yes, they totally screw up history. They change so many things, kind of that "if a butterfly flaps it's wings" theory, I'm surprised some of them are still alive. With the stuff they do, they might not have even been born.

Unless I missed it, shocked we haven't seen a "paradox" issue where they meet themselves in a different timeline. But hey, it's fun, goofy and absurd, a light "popcorn" type of show, just leave your brain at the front door. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks