What's new

Timeless New Acquisitions! (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
shoeshineboy said:
With Bearcats! announced today, joining earlier announcements of Tomstone, West Poit, Stoney Burke and LM's The Lawbreakers, it seems like Timeless has stayed in the game and kept the ball rolling for those of us who love old, classic series. Here's hoping that they continue this streak -- how about getting in with some Hal Roach STudio stuff and more 4-Stars and Revue TV shows! Good stuff!
c0494278_bearcatscast.jpeg
But will BARECATS include the pilot movie? :)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'm getting that Rod Taylor rarity for sure. Another obscure road series I can dream to see coming from them, is Movin' On (1974 and 1972 pilot) with Claude Akins and Frank Converse.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Neil Brock said:
Word I'm getting is that a snag has been hit and only item one on your list may be scratchable. If things don't get worked out, that would really be unfortunate as I was looking forward to SFT more than any of the other titles.
This is my fault, because nothing is going right for me this year. SFT was the only one I wanted so it doesn't surprise me that it's the one that won't happen. I'm wondering what snags could develop on an almost 60-year-old television series. Do the rights holders honestly think they could get a better deal? :confused:

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Joe Lugoff said:
This is my fault, because nothing is going right for me this year. SFT was the only one I wanted so it doesn't surprise me that it's the one that won't happen. I'm wondering what snags could develop on an almost 60-year-old television series. Do the rights holders honestly think they could get a better deal? :confused:
Maybe it's more of a problem with usable elements? :confused:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
HenryDuBrow said:
I'm getting that Rod Taylor rarity for sure. Another obscure road series I can dream to see coming from them, is Movin' On (1974 and 1972 pilot) with Claude Akins and Frank Converse.
I'm thinking there were elements issues on those. I remember seeing them for sale on a "gray market" site before and the claim was the masters were lost and all that was available were the handful of episodes collectors had recorded. Now could this have been their way of selling their product and the original elements actually exist? Possible. :rolleyes:

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Ron1973 said:
I'm thinking there were elements issues on those. I remember seeing them for sale on a "gray market" site before and the claim was the masters were lost and all that was available were the handful of episodes collectors had recorded. Now could this have been their way of selling their product and the original elements actually exist? Possible. :rolleyes:
Peter Rogers Org. Has the TV Syndication rights on MOVIN' ON and they are currently airing on the RTV Network.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
DeWilson said:
Peter Rogers Org. Has the TV Syndication rights on MOVIN' ON and they are currently airing on the RTV Network.
Thanks. It's been several years since I had thought about the show and I suppose that claim was made by the particular site to sell THEIR copies. :(

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I know both "Name of the Game" & "The Bold Ones" were mentioned in this thread. I wondered if there were any updates. Unlikely I know.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Anyone have any inside info on if Timeless plans to release Season 2 and 3 of Tombstone Territory before the end of the year or will it be next year or not at all? Season 2 had only 12 episodes before the show went syndicated in Season 3 for another full season. So I figure Season 2 and 3 would be released together. I've enjoyed this blind buy much more than I thought I would,

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Man, it seems the Timeless releases have dropped to a trickle of previous years, maybe they have just mined most of what is available to them. I would still like to see them re-release seasons 3&4 of Laramie with better elements that they supposedly have found.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I really hope Timeless comes through with a complete series release of The Rebel with uncut episodes.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Richard V said:
Man, it seems the Timeless releases have dropped to a trickle of previous years, maybe they have just mined most of what is available to them. I would still like to see them re-release seasons 3&4 of Laramie with better elements that they supposedly have found.
Darby67 said:
I really hope Timeless comes through with a complete series release of The Rebel with uncut episodes.
I'm kind of breaking my self-imposed silence when it comes to such information, but... I've heard rumblings of both these for some time now but yet we haven't had official release news for either yet. I think elements may be an issue, but I honestly can't remember what was shared with me some time back. All I can say is we'll have to keep our fingers crossed. I'd certainly be interested in both new transfers/sets for Laramie S3/S4 and The Rebel.

Gary "unfortunately I do think the takeover of Timeless from Shout a while back is finally taking its toll in a negative way (which is what many of us feared from the very beginning)" O.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Gary OS said:
Gary "unfortunately I do think the takeover of Timeless from Shout a while back is finally taking its toll in a negative way (which is what many of us feared from the very beginning)" O.
Hopefully TGG will release more B&W TV sets (their latest being RIPCORD)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Wvtvguy said:
I know both "Name of the Game" & "The Bold Ones" were mentioned in this thread. I wondered if there were any updates. Unlikely I know.
No deal in place yet but the research has been completed on music clearances so it is getting closer to becoming a reality.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
These would be terrific, and given the excellent and quick work Timeless did with The Virginian, they are ideally suited to The Name of the Game.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Gene Barry, Tony Franciosa, Robert Stack... all gone now. Sad. I loved "Name of the Game" as a kid. I wonder if they have to get a clearance from "People" magazine. ;)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Hollywoodaholic said:
I wonder if they have to get a clearance from "People" magazine.
Wonderful, give them an excuse NOT to release the certain episodes!(Even if it pre-dates the real Magazine by several years) *face-palm*

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
NOTG has a 2-part third season episode which takes place in Las Vegas and is essentially nothing but music performances. I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing that one any time soon, even if they do release the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks