What's new

Timeless New Acquisitions! (2 Viewers)

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
MattPeriolat said:
Very true, I'm just kicking myself for it now. It's not the end of the world, it's not being horribly overpriced in the secondhand market. Just one of those shows I kind of looked the other way on while focusing on higher profile (and no doubt, longer available) projects.
Lesson learned the hard way. Don't procrastinate.
It looks like seasons one and two are only $10 a piece on Amazon right now (new). You can't really beat that. Only season three is questionably priced right now. And if you wait and check back periodically someone will offer it for a lower price as well. Just setup a "watch" on camelcamelcamel.com to send you an email when priced at an amount you are willing to pay. I had to do the same when i picked up Naked City after it had gone OOP.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by smithb /t/320902/timeless-new-acquisitions/30#post_3930237
It looks like seasons one and two are only $10 a piece on Amazon right now (new). You can't really beat that. Only season three is questionably priced right now. And if you wait and check back periodically someone will offer it for a lower price as well. Just setup a "watch" on camelcamelcamel.com to send you an email when priced at an amount you are willing to pay. I had to do the same when i picked up Naked City after it had gone OOP.

I saw that on Amazon, thank you very much. Season 3 is a similar price on ebay so I just have to ensure I got 30 bucks and I'm good. Oh and if you need anything from Naked City, I think they're retail priced on the 'bay right now too.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
MattPeriolat said:
I saw that on Amazon, thank you very much. Season 3 is a similar price on ebay so I just have to ensure I got 30 bucks and I'm good. Oh and if you need anything from Naked City, I think they're retail priced on the 'bay right now too.
Thanks, i picked up all the Naked City's about a year ago at around or a little over retail pricing. When something goes OOPs it sometimes takes a couple of years for seller's to realize what the majority of people will pay and lower then prices to suit.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Good enough. My only challenge is I have to wait just a bit for I Spy and Naked City, Got a birthday in about a week and hoping for some funding. We'll see.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
If Shout Factory doesn't change Timeless 's release philosophy, I wonder if we would ever see the release of "the Americans" , the 1961 Civil War drama that ran on NBC. Dick Davalos and Daryl Hickman starred. 17 episodes were broadcast on NBC that year , but I understand that either 21 or 26 episodes were filmed.
Other "cult shows" that Timeless might look into are Northwest Passage , Gray Ghost , Adventures of Wild Bill Hickock, The Rough Riders , Casey Jones , Captain Midnight , The People's Choice (Jackie Cooper ), Hey Landlord, Father of the Bride . ( I know Timeless doesn't favor sitcoms ,but maybe the might branch out ).
I also wonder if a "kiddie " show like Andy's Gang which many people remember fondly might actually do well on DVD if people knew it was out .
And why is it that The Rebel is so rarely mentioned as a potential release ?
As a new poster to this site , these are some thoughts I have. BTY, I think most suggestions Ive seen posted here are great and I'd buy most. For example if the ZIV shows came out I'd be really happy .

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Originally Posted by LouA /t/320902/timeless-new-acquisitions/30#post_3931850
Hi Rich,
One and the same!
Take it easy , Lou A.

Good to hear from you. You'll enjoy HTF - lots of knowledgeable people, news (and rumors) about upcoming releases, and great Blu-ray and DVD reviews. We also have bona fide experts on every aspect of filmmaking.

Wvdvdguy

Agent
Real Name
Jon
I've never seen with "Name of the Game" or "The Bold Ones" but I have seen clips. I'm really intrigued by both series! I love the shows of that era!!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
DeWilson said:
Knowing TIMELESS and westerns, I got a feeling we'll see THE ROAD WEST sooner than later.
I've been pushing them to do that one for years now. Super rare series. Only the premiere 2-parter, which was edited into a movie, has ever shown up anywhere and even that is quite hard to find. Not sure how good a show it is but its the only series that both Brenda Scott and Kathryn Hays were regulars in. To me, that's worth it right there. As the show has never been syndicated, available elements could be a major issue.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Peter M Fitzgerald said:
Wow, STONEY BURKE and SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE... that's two I can scratch off my wanted list!
Word I'm getting is that a snag has been hit and only item one on your list may be scratchable. If things don't get worked out, that would really be unfortunate as I was looking forward to SFT more than any of the other titles.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
DeWilson said:
Knowing TIMELESS and westerns, I got a feeling we'll see THE ROAD WEST sooner than later.
I would cast my vote for Pistols-n-Petticoats, a western sitcom which has seen six episodes released on DVDs albeit in B&W instead of color. TMG should go for the gusto to get that one-season show!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Randy Korstick said:
We need you in the Hanna Barbera thread Neil. Alot of Impatience there :)
Yeah, I don't really go in there at all. Knowing that the actual complete show versions of things like Quick Draw McGraw and Huckleberry Hound were tossed out and no longer exist dampens my enthusiasm for any HB releases. I picked up the ones I cared about from Boomerang and since they don't have the actual shows with interstitials anymore anyway, who cares. All you'll ever get in a release are the bare bones cartoons.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
Word I'm getting is that a snag has been hit and only item one on your list may be scratchable. If things don't get worked out, that would really be unfortunate as I was looking forward to SFT more than any of the other titles.
Any issues with the Elements of either series?

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Neil Brock said:
Straight from the horses mouth, Timeless may be going the way of the dial telephone but if they are, they are at least going to go out with a bang. I've just learned that they have signed deals and have acquired the following series for release: Bearcats! Tombstone Territory West Point Harbor Command Science Fiction Theatre Stoney Burke MacKenzie's Raiders Lee Marvin Presents The Lawbreakers Target Some big surprises on there. I have a friend who is a Ziv fanatic who was jumping for joy as he has never even seen Target as there has never been one episode to surface of that show on film or on air in the taping era. Absent are the "big 3" Ziv titles but word on the street is that they have been picked up by another entity.
With Bearcats! announced today, joining earlier announcements of Tomstone, West Poit, Stoney Burke and LM's The Lawbreakers, it seems like Timeless has stayed in the game and kept the ball rolling for those of us who love old, classic series. Here's hoping that they continue this streak -- how about getting in with some Hal Roach STudio stuff and more 4-Stars and Revue TV shows! Good stuff!
c0494278_bearcatscast.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks