What's new

Timeless Media Group - New Releases (1 Viewer)

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
That's a fascinating history of the rights issue with DOBIE GILLIS. I wonder if the same situation exists for ADVENTURES IN PARADISE. Again, it was a 20th Century Fox series, but the release rights supposedly involve the James Michener heirs. If Timeless or Shout could make a deal with them, could we possibly see a DVD set on the horizon? It was a wonderful series that influenced a dear friend to buy a yacht and go on a two year sailing binge. Anyone have some insider knowledge about this?

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
JeffT. said:
What is usually the quality of the Timeless Media DVD releases? Are they good or just public domain eyesores?! Graphically, STONEY BURKE (ABC 1962-63), a Daystar Production, has the exact same look as THE OUTER LIMITS (ABC 1963-65) and I, out of respect to the late Leslie Stevens, would really like the opportunity to rediscover this show. Jeff T. :rolleyes:
TMG overall has good releases. Once again, the old adage "garbage in, garbage out" fits. It all depends on the elements they are able to acquire. For the most part, they put out good to very good DVD's. Recent releases such as Peter Gunn and Yancy Derringer have been excellent, in my opinion. Some, like the 3rd and 4th Seasons of Laramie,, not so good, but then again, they were given poor elements to work with, when they were given better elements (the first and second seasons of Laramie), the results were predictably better.

logoplol

Auditioning
Real Name
sack
Since SHOUT is in charge it will go down hill more as the same way the Aquired the el-cheapo video tape masters for an old show Hazel instead of the film ones, they will do this to old westerns and its ashame

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
logoplol said:
Since SHOUT is in charge it will go down hill more as the same way the Aquired the el-cheapo video tape masters for an old show Hazel instead of the film ones, they will do this to old westerns and its ashame
Are you the same one that was over on the Shout board a week or so ago that had came back under another name? Nice first post, come here and start complaining.

logoplol

Auditioning
Real Name
sack
Ron1973 said:
Are you the same one that was over on the Shout board a week or so ago that had came back under another name? Nice first post, come here and start complaining.
Who are you referring too? Also when someone states a fact it is not complaining, please learn what words mean. FACT - With HAZEL SHOUT cheaped out and used decades old video masters when new within the last 10 years on film were readily available for them for each season they released for not much more money

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
logoplol said:
Who are you referring too? Also when someone states a fact it is not complaining, please learn what words mean. FACT - With HAZEL SHOUT cheaped out and used decades old video masters when new within the last 10 years on film were readily available for them for each season they released for not much more money
Your syntax is so confusing that I am not sure what you mean, don't you always have to do a tranfer from film when you are going to put something on DVD.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
JoeDoakes said:
Your syntax is so confusing that I am not sure what you mean, don't you always have to do a tranfer from film when you are going to put something on DVD.
I think he ment the use of older "off-the-shelf" 2" or 1" video masters prepared by Columbia Pictures Television for TV syndication in the mid-1980's as apposed to fresh transfers from the master film prints to digital.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Box Art for the soon to be released Stoney Burke. Who is the other figure, I swear it looks like James Arness. :laugh:
54bd7dcb_StoneyBurke_Complete.jpeg

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Richard V said:
Box Art for the soon to be released Stoney Burke. Who is the other figure, I swear it looks like James Arness. :laugh:
54bd7dcb_StoneyBurke_Complete.jpeg
Richard, I believe it's "Stoney Burke" himself...artwork for a rodeo banner where he's in his "golden buckle" mode...I think a lot of people will be surprised at the quality of this show...good and often great scripts and acting...exciting action... and a lot of location shooting in the great desert SW...I like Wide Country too, but this is the better show...and Bruce Dern and Warren Oates are very much an added value...Dominic Frontiere's great music...alltogether, this show is about a whole lot more than just the rodeos!

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Are there any of you old parachutists out there clamoring for RIPCORD? It starred Larry Pennell and Ken Curtis as parachutists always jumping out of planes and getting into all kinds of adventures in mid-air when they pull their ripcords. ZIV-UA produced the series for two seasons between 1961 and 1963, so MGM holds the rights to it, and maybe TMG/Shout! could try fot it.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
oldtvshowbuff said:
Are there any of you old parachutists out there clamoring for RIPCORD? It starred Larry Pennell and Ken Curtis as parachutists always jumping out of planes and getting into all kinds of adventures in mid-air when they pull their ripcords. ZIV-UA produced the series for two seasons between 1961 and 1963, so MGM holds the rights to it, and maybe TMG/Shout! could try fot it.
Festus and Dash Riprock! What a combo! :D

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
oldtvshowbuff said:
I was halfway thru transferring them over from tape when I heard word about Timeless cutting that first deal with MGM. So I've been holding off on doing any more. Assuming nothing changes, I would guess that Ripcord would be pretty high on the list for the next batch of titles after the initial nine, provided there is a next batch. Personally, I would love to see The Everglades and Bold Venture from the Ziv shows and from the MGM shows, Hey Landlord, Debbie Reynolds Show, Trials of O'Brien and Double Life of Henry Phyfe.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
West Point is on the way to my house and DVD player. Will post a mini review after I get to watch a few episodes. :D

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I Second the motion on Ripcord. Did you know the plane used on this show makes a cameo appearance on an episode of Lassie (Season 10) called The Disappearance? In this episode (A five-parter) Timmy gets seperated from Lassie after a boating accident. Timmy's in a plane looking for the dawg, and an exterior shot of the plane shows the Parachute/Skydiver logo from Ripcord! (There's also a Blooper, the exterior shot as I mentioned shows a high-wing plane, but for the close-ups Timmy is in a LOW-winged airplane)! :laugh:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Echo
I would love to see EVERGLADES.

As would I.
Originally Posted by Regulus
I Second the motion on Ripcord.
I third it.
Originally Posted by Richard V
West Point is on the way to my house and DVD player. Will post a mini review after I get to watch a few episodes.
I'm looking forward to watching this series as well, Richard.
Gary "Timeless continues to shine" O.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Brock said:
Personally, I would love to see The Everglades and Bold Venture from the Ziv shows and from the MGM shows, Hey Landlord, Debbie Reynolds Show, Trials of O'Brien and Double Life of Henry Phyfe.
Ditto! I haven't even thought of that show in I don't know how long. On a related note - what were the 9 Ziv programmes in the contract with MGM? I'm guessing Highway Patrol, Bat Masterson, Sea Hunt, Science Fiction Theatre (I believe I read this on another board), what else?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks