What's new

Timeless Media Group - New Releases (1 Viewer)

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I must be the only one on these boards who was none too impressed with the first season of LAWLESS YEARS and the 20's is an era I have studied and harbor great affection toward. Gregory is always good, but the scripts were very, very repetitive and all of it shot on a backlot New York where it apparently was always summer.
Of course, while I once loved THE UNTOUCHABLES, that's another series that does nothing for me now. Great guest casts, but stiff regulars and too 50's whitewashed. TV has never done the 20's right unless BOARDWALK EMPIRE gets it. I've never seen it.
Anyway, just my opinion and not trying to rain on the parade of fans. If you like it, that's what matters. I'm definitely in for the other releases and keeping my fingers crossed that GUNN will look good. Been wanting that series for a long time.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
You're certainly not the only one that wasn't impressed about The Lawless Years, Glen. It was stuffy and repetitive, imho. I personally was responding to the news that Timeless was finishing that series, along with getting some other b/w material out soon (even though we all knew about most of it). But I admit the news about The Lawless Years, as compared to the other three, was of less interest to me.

Gary "just happy to see some more definitive release dates from Timeless" O.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Already have the Network release of Whiplash, but am definitely interested in the series Peter Gunn. Might be interested in The Lawless Years because I have enjoyed James Gregory's guest star roles on Hawaii Five-O, so possibly might get that series.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I see that there are upcoming releases of Adam-12, Leave It To Beaver, and Route 66 by TMG in 2-DVD sets in embossed collector's tins. All due to Timeless being a Shout Factory subsidiary now, I could go for Beaver and Adam-12, but I could watch them on Antenna-TV instead.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
oldtvshowbuff said:
I see that there are upcoming releases of Adam-12, Leave It To Beaver, and Route 66 by TMG in 2-DVD sets in embossed collector's tins. All due to Timeless being a Shout Factory subsidiary now, I could go for Beaver and Adam-12, but I could watch them on Antenna-TV instead.
Beaver and Adam-12 are on Netflix as well. I think Antenna is edited/time compressed, aren't they?

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
All of Timeless Media Group coming TV series (except those tin set) are westerns. How about more crime / drama like those releases from last year: Peter Gunn and Mr Lucky, some titles like:Dante (w/ Howard Duff), Richard Diamond (w/ David Janssen), China Smith (w/ Dan Duryea), Johnny Midnight (w/ Edmond O'Brien), New Adventures of Charlie Chan (w/ J. Carrol Naish), Boston Blackie (w/ Kent Taylor), Colonel March of Scotland Yard (w/ Boris Karloff), The Thin Man (w/ Peter Lawford), Shannon (w/ George Nader), I Led Three Lives (w/ Richard Carlson)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
maskedmala said:
All of Timeless Media Group coming TV series (except those tin set) are westerns. How about more crime / drama like those releases from last year: Peter Gunn and Mr Lucky, some titles like:Dante (w/ Howard Duff), Richard Diamond (w/ David Janssen), China Smith (w/ Dan Duryea), Johnny Midnight (w/ Edmond O'Brien), New Adventures of Charlie Chan (w/ J. Carrol Naish), Boston Blackie (w/ Kent Taylor), Colonel March of Scotland Yard (w/ Boris Karloff), The Thin Man (w/ Peter Lawford), Shannon (w/ George Nader), I Led Three Lives (w/ Richard Carlson)
I'd be in for some of those: Richard Diamond, Johnny Midnight, and The Thin Man

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
classicmovieguy said:
Who holds the rights for "The Roaring 20's"? I suppose music clearance is going to be the big issue with this show...
Warner Bros, I think.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
oldtvshowbuff said:
Right now, I have one episode left of "The Oregon Trail" to watch, that being "Suffer The Little Children", with Robert Fuller in a guest-star role, after all, he played Cooper Smith in "Wagon Train" for its last two seasons. Now, let's see if Timeless can go for another long, forgotten western show, like "Sara" starring Brenda Vaccaro, also from Universal, and it was on CBS in 1975-76, of course, it flopped! She played a schoolteacher in 19th century Colorado, I Think, so don't count it out in the future. You might see it!
I've been pushing them to do Sara for some time now but they don't seem interested. I would love to get the episodes of that one that I'm missing.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Richard V said:
I'd be in for some of those: Richard Diamond, Johnny Midnight, and The Thin Man
TMG now has Gunn and Mr. Lucky avalible now, so the other rights holders they would have to deal with for other shows. Dante and Diamond-FOX China Smith-PD Johnny Midnight-NBCUni New Adventures of Charlie Chan-ITC Colonel March of Scotland Yard-PD The Thin Man-WB Shannon-Sony I Led Three Lives-MGM Forget about FOX licensing out anything, Midnight may have a chance from Uni, WB, ditto like FOX, Charlie Chan, maybe from ITC-Granada, Shannon, you could beg TMG/Shout to talk with Sony on that show. I Led 3 Lives, the best chance for TMG to get masters from MGM.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I'm looking forward to the "Loretta Young Show" 100th Birthday set - Amazon has added two new pics which illustrate that this is actually 2 sets combined into one. The first is "Best of Seasons 1-4" (which will I think be a basic reissue of those same discs from MMV/Timeless which came out quite a while ago); and most excitingly "Best of Seasons 5-8", of which I've only seen a few episodes from, so that will be great. Hoping Seasons 5-8 will have more with the Sister Ann and Inga characters. The price is a bit much, but hoping that Amazon will be carrying it for a cheaper price in the next few months.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
oldtvshowbuff said:
TMG now has Gunn and Mr. Lucky avalible now, so the other rights holders they would have to deal with for other shows. Dante and Diamond-FOX China Smith-PD Johnny Midnight-NBCUni New Adventures of Charlie Chan-ITC Colonel March of Scotland Yard-PD The Thin Man-WB Shannon-Sony I Led Three LForget about FOX licensing out anythingt anything, Midnight may have a chance from Uni, WB, ditto like FOX, Charlie Chan, maybe from ITC-Granada, Shannon, you could beg TMG/Shout to talk with Sony on that show. I Led 3 Lives, the best chance for TMG to get masters from MGM.
Miracles can happen, apparently Fox has licensed out Dobie Gillis to Shout!

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
Miracles can happen, apparently Fox has licensed out Dobie Gillis to Shout!
No, they did not: actual control of Dobie Gillis lies with the estate of writer-creator Max Shulman, and it was through the Shulman estate, and not Fox that the DVD rights were obtained! This was explained in the Shout! Factory press release.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Charles Ellis said:
No, they did not: actual control of Dobie Gillis lies with the estate of writer-creator Max Shulman, and it was through the Shulman estate, and not Fox that the DVD rights were obtained! This was explained in the Shout! Factory press release.
My mistake then, after reading another thread, I was led to believe, that FOX was holding the rights.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Charles Ellis said:
I just hope that Shout can gain access to the elements from Fox. The show has been beautifully remastered, judging by the elements that are now running on ME-TV.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I sent an email to Timeless about a potential release that I was interested in and they responded telling me that it would be out later this year. As it has not been officially announced, I'd rather not say what it is because I don't want to get anyone in trouble or risk an MPI/Peyton Place problem, but I would encourage anyone who is curious about something to contact them as they can be very helpful.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
I just hope that Shout can gain access to the elements from Fox. The show has been beautifully remastered, judging by the elements that are now running on ME-TV.
Notice they've been skipping episodes,and some of the end credits look like they are off of old 16mm prints, or those end credits where you can see they covered up the sponser's product!( (and some they didn't even both to do that!)
JoeDoakes said:
I sent an email to Timeless about a potential release that I was interested in and they responded telling me that it would be out later this year. As it has not been officially announced, I'd rather not say what it is because I don't want to get anyone in trouble or risk an MPI/Peyton Place problem, but I would encourage anyone who is curious about something to contact them as they can be very helpful.
How about a hint? Just Kidding :D

JeffT.

Deceased Member
What is usually the quality of the Timeless Media DVD releases? Are they good or just public domain eyesores?! Graphically, STONEY BURKE (ABC 1962-63), a Daystar Production, has the exact same look as THE OUTER LIMITS (ABC 1963-65) and I, out of respect to the late Leslie Stevens, would really like the opportunity to rediscover this show. Jeff T. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks