What's new

Time Warner High-Def Box Question (1 Viewer)

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Anyone High Time Warner High Definition cable. I've got the HD200 box (I think) and it looks like it has Digital outs for sound that can hook into my Reciever. These are the coax style Digital outs. However I asked the tech and he says they were left in the box but aren't in use.

That seems starnge to me and as most of the techs that come out to hook things up have been wrong about most of the things I ask, I figured to try this out for myself. Well I would have to go out and by a cable as one doesn't come with the system so before I do this just want to see if anyone knows the answer.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I have Time Warner HD cable. I have the Scientific Atlanta 3100HD box. The digital coax out does work. Any channel that plays in 5.1 (e.g. the standard definition and HD HBO channels) is passed correctly to my receiver for decoding.

Todd

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Thanks man,

Yeah just hooked it up, seems to be working pretty well.

Its kind of gay though. Just to watch HDTV I have to switch from my normal video to my component video then I have to switch my audio input from analog to Digi Coax.

Somehow I figured it would be smoother than this. I guess I'll have to program one or tw of these hot key functions.

Rich Chiavaroli

Stunt Coordinator
Well.. you're only going to get HD through component (on anything) and a DD signal has only ever been passed over digital coax or optical cable. So if it's "gay", it's going to be "gay" for anything you watch HD on or listen to DD on.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
You could probably just stick w/ component and digital out, instead of switching. No need to switch back and forth unless you need to use your TV's stretch modes. That's what I do w/ the Scientific Atlanta 3100HD box from Time Warner.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks